Damn Friday, you rock.

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
I'm on fire today, bitches.

[x] Delivered part of a large work project on time

[x] Voted

[x] Made it to the gym

[x] Coordinated Christmas travel plans

[x] Lunch from a great local BBQ joint. It looks like a cardiac event on a plate.

[x] Blue Oyster Cult tonight in Ruidoso with Ms. Dmn.

sitting at my desk, rarely disturbed (I've had maybe three dozen emails today and one call). Nothing to approve. For Halloween, they've brought in donuts, candy and rugalach. Listening to old RHCP on iTunes on my computer. It's FINALLY raining.

Life is good...

One of my students came in with a wig like this:
blue_hair_and_cosplay_cat_ears_by_fluffymonsterkitten-d4rn6js.jpg

She also had a cat nose drawn on the tip of her nose and dots where whiskers would be. It was hard to listen to her discuss something serious while looking like that.

[X] Took day off due to a block party gig
[X] Gig got cancelled last weekend. Said fuck it I am going to enjoy the day anyway.
[X] Slept late and got some great needed sleep.
[X] Simple chores around the house.
[X] Flea Medicine on Cats
[X] Do absolutely nothing at certain times during the day
[X] Bike ride!
[ ] Movie planned with the Mrs. Still need to go but may stay in tonight.

i don't feel like doing the [X] things....so

took the day off work (i scheduled last week)
got out in the woods for a 5+ mile hike in the light drizzle.....got a few pics, we'll see how they turn out when i get a chance to review them
sitting around in my undies listening to the blues channel on live365
got a gig tonight until 1:30 am and it's STARTING to sleet right now.....drive home will be interesting (i have 4wd)

This ended up being a great overnight trip. The concert was in Ruidoso, a small ski resort town in southeastern New Mexico. It's about three hours away and it was a gorgeous drive.

BOC was in killer form. I haven't subjected Ms. Dmn to too much BOC so she really didn't know what to expect and ended up loving it. She was blown away by Buck and Richie and kept talking about how 1) they seemed utterly without ego, and 2) that their level of playing seemed so effortless. I caught her humming "Burnin' for You" the next morning.

Setlist from Friday night:

The Red & The Black
Golden Age of Leather
Burnin' For You
Career of Evil
Shooting Shark
The Vigil
Me262
Buck's Boogie
Last Days Of May
Godzilla
(Don't Fear) The Reaper

A few photos from the drive:

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

This ended up being a great overnight trip. The concert was in Ruidoso, a small ski resort town in southeastern New Mexico. It's about three hours away and it was a gorgeous drive.

BOC was in killer form. I haven't subjected Ms. Dmn to too much BOC so she really didn't know what to expect and ended up loving it. She was blown away by Buck and Richie and kept talking about how 1) they seemed utterly without ego, and 2) that their level of playing seemed so effortless. I caught her humming "Burnin' for You" the next morning.

Setlist from Friday night:

The Red & The Black
Golden Age of Leather
Burnin' For You
Career of Evil
Shooting Shark
The Vigil
Me262
Buck's Boogie
Last Days Of May
Godzilla
(Don't Fear) The Reaper

A few photos from the drive:

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

How did the dude from Utopia do on bass? Smashing, I'm sure.........

How did the dude from Utopia do on bass? Smashing, I'm sure.........

Between Rudy Sarzo, Danny Miranda, and Kasim Sulton they seem to have a revolving line up of bassists on call at any given time. Danny Miranda played with them Friday night. No clue what happened to Kasim.

Back