DAMN DIRTY APES!!!!

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
11885107_10153252719743264_313015518068800658_n.jpg

Those are good burgers, Walter.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, SMURFCO! :mad:

There used to be a Big Boy in Springfield. The Big Boy himself was still there for quite a while after the restaurant closed. That seems like eons ago.

:old:

Hmm, I seem to remember an earthbound Big Boy but maybe not.

btopsbigboy.jpg

Big Boy lives. I ate in two different ones in Upper Michigan this summer.

As for Steak and Shake, we always look for them on vacation since there are none around here. Found one this year in Colorado Springs, but we paid WAY more than .31 for a Steakburger.

Big Boy had a long run out here in California up until the late 80s, when they suddenly vanished like a fart in the wind. It was "Bob's Big Boy" out here, I don't remember what it was in Utah, but it wasn't "Bob" in the South/Midwest, I believe it is still "Frisch's Big Boy".

They tried to make a comeback out here several years ago with scattered franchise locations, but it flopped and to my knowledge there are no more. Certainly not in this area at least.

Loved that place as a kid.

When I was 16 I was living in North Hollywood. I got a job as a janitor cleaning their Corporate offices near the original Bobs Big boy. I was doing pretty well until one night I discovered a sliding wall panel that concealed a fully stocked wet bar. That was the end of that career.

When I was 16 I was living in North Hollywood. I got a job as a janitor cleaning their Corporate offices near the original Bobs Big boy. I was doing pretty well until one night I discovered a sliding wall panel that concealed a fully stocked wet bar. That was the end of that career.
So you raided Bob's Big Booze Booth?

Big Boy had a long run out here in California up until the late 80s, when they suddenly vanished like a fart in the wind. It was "Bob's Big Boy" out here, I don't remember what it was in Utah, but it wasn't "Bob" in the South/Midwest, I believe it is still "Frisch's Big Boy".

They tried to make a comeback out here several years ago with scattered franchise locations, but it flopped and to my knowledge there are no more. Certainly not in this area at least.

The one here in Orange near the Honda Center lasted about a year. Food was marginal and the service sucked.

You went for two things, the Big Boy burger, which McDonald's totally ripped off for the big mac, except they totally fucked it up. No where near as good. The second was the strawberry pie. Nothing else mattered. In St. Ignac and Manistique we hit 2 Big Boys twice each in two days and that was my order all 4 times. Each time I thought, I probably will never eat this again so I've got to order it. There were other restaurants but I couldn't resist one last shot at a Big Boy and a slice of strawberry pie.

Reactions: OGG
There is a Steak and Shake here in Denver.
I ate there once,fucking horrible.
add the fact that they had a waitress bring you a fast food burger ,so a tip was involved= never go there again.

The sad news in Denver is Griffs closed. Good cheap burgers.

It's Elias Bros. Big Boy here, or at least it used to be.

We still have a Big Boy in Battle Creek. It's a nasty dump, you don't want to eat there :embarrassed:

Back