Custom Sonic Blue Fender Jaguar USA Neck Joe Two Tone Fat Strat Pawn Shop

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
https://reverb.com/item/119787-cust...uar-usa-neck-joe-two-tone-fat-strat-pawn-shop

For Sale: Custom Sonic Blue Fender Jaguar HSS. I had this guitar in my mind for over a year but couldn't find anything close. Specifically, I've always loved the shape and playability of the traditional Jaguar--especially the 24" short scale--but I also thought it looked way too cluttered. Just too many switches and knobs, too busy for my eye/taste. I wanted something simpler, cleaner, and easier to use. So, with the direction of my luthier, I purchased each of the parts individually (Genuine Fender and/or manufacturer direct wherever possible) and turned them over to the good folks at Wes Lambe Guitars in Chapel Hill, N.C. and Craig Landau of N.C. Guitar Works in Charlotte, N.C.

This is a one-of-a-kind custom Fender Jaguar. I would put it up against any new American Jaguar coming out of the Fender Custom Shop today. Nicest Fender USA neck I'ver ever seen (cream binding, block inlays, killer flame), highest quality USA-Made Joe Barden Two/Tone "Fat Strat" pickups available in unique HSS configuration with coil tapping/splitting capabilities via push/pull tone pot, Fender Locking Tuners, Levy's Leather Strap, Dunlop Strap Locks, SKB TSA Hardshell Case.

There are no flaws, blemishes or repairs. However, Note: There are two tiny holes in the pick guard on the low E side of the Two-Tone Barden Humbucking Bridge Pickup. The factory bridge pickup was installed this way to allow it to be angled in a particular direction on the bass side. I didn't feel this warranted having an entirely new custom pick guard made as the cost for that would have been approximately another $125. Also, the holes for the original tuners have been filled with real wood and made flush with back of headstock to accommodate new modern Fender "F" locking tuners. You can only partially see one or two of the filled holes, and that's if you look extremely closely. The details on each part and component are below. Feel free to email me with questions etc.

Please check 15 years of 100% positive eBay feedback and buy with confidence. Free Packaging and UPS Ground Shipping to LOWER 48 US States ONLY. PAYPAL ONLY.

No returns or refunds. Please ask all questions prior to bidding or purchase. Thank you and good luck!

Body & Hardware ($450) - Fender Pawn Shop Series Faded Sonic Blue Jaguarillo (MIM). Alder. 3-ply Pickguard. Adjusto-Matic bridge with vintage-style floating tremolo tailpiece and tremolo lock button. This body and hardware were hand selected for their simple, straightforward appearance and operation. It was also convenient that it already had the routs and room for the required wiring. Purchased new. Perfect Condition.

Neck ($600) - Genuine Fender USA 50th Anniversary 1962 Reissue Jaguar Neck, Bound Rosewood Fretboard, Block Mother of Pearl Inlays, "C" Shape, 9.5" Radius, 22 Medium Jumbo Frets, 24" Scale, 1.650" Width at Nut, Nitrocellulose Finish. Beautiful and rare flame maple neck! Stunning.

Pickups ($475) - Joe Barden USA Made Two-Tone "Fat Strat" HSS Pickups Set (two single coils and one bridge humbucker with coil tapping so it can be split via push/pull Tone Pot). If you are not familiar with Bardens, I encourage you to do a little checking. Many top pro players and builders consider them to be among the very best available.

Tuners ($50) - Genuine Fender Locking White "F" Tuning Machines. These have become my favorite 6-in-line tuners. Allows for extremely quick and easy string changes. Do an excellent job of keeping guitar in tune and properly intonated. NOTE: New holes had to be drilled to install these tuners. The old ones were filled with real wood.

Case ($150) - SKB TSA Hardshell case. Strongest, lightest cases available today. I use these cases exclusively. NOTE: There are a few very small white marks on case from where it has rubbed up against the wall being taken in and out of my closet. Otherwise, case has not left the house.

Accessories ($150) - Genuine Fender Corona California Neck Plate, Genuine Fender Knurled Barrel Knobs, Fender Telecaster String Tree, Push/Pull Tone Pot (for splitting/coil tapping bridge humbucker), Black Pickguard Screws and Switch Tip, Genuine Levy's Soft Cream Leather Guitar Strap, Dunlop Strap Locks and Buttons (Installed), and new strings (D'Addario .10s).

Luthier Fees for Assembly, Adjustments and Set Up ($350) - Setting neck, changing tuners, filling holes in headstock, installing pickups, altering electronics to accomodate coil tapping on Two/Tone Barden Bridge Humbucker via Push/Pull Tone Pot, Plus Set Up and Intonation.
- Pickups and Electronics completed by Wes Lambe of Wes Lambe Guitars in Chapel Hill, NC. (Check him out)
- All other work completed by Craig Landau of N.C. Guitar Works in Charlotte, N.C. (Check him out)
* These are two of the best and most well respected luthiers in the state. Top quality work.

$2,225 invested, not including time and effort it took to pull all of these components together and drive to multiple shops to have the work done by the very best experts in the field. All the work has been done for you. All you've got to do is pull the trigger. This is an amazing guitar. You will not regret this purchase. Again, No Returns, Refunds or Exchanges. Ask all questions prior to bid or purchase. thanks for checking out my listing for this dream Jaguar. Good luck!

Quite a bit for a partsguar. I also am questioning the price of the Jaguarillo body, since the whole guitar was being blown out at that price, considering the return you would have gotten on the neck itself, but whatever.

Seeing that I don't care for these in general, pass.

EDIT: OK, so the price is $1700 on the listing...still a lot to ask for a MIM body parts guitar, but...

I dig it. Not sure I agree with his method for calculating his price. Adding up the cost of each part doesn't necessarily result in the market price for the guitar. ($600 for a neck???)

Meh. Price is crazy.

I always wonder about custom builds like this. Guy obviously wanted something very specific, and managed to assemble it, and says it is an amazing guitar....but then it is for sale. I get that life sometimes requires gear liquidation, but I usually interpret these ads as 'I built it and it wasn't all that great'.

I dig it. Not sure I agree with his method for calculating his price. Adding up the cost of each part doesn't necessarily result in the market price for the guitar. ($600 for a neck???)
There is a reason you don't buy all the parts to a car then built it yourself. It's going to cost a ton. Looks like he paid retail+ for everything. I wish him luck with the sale.

I always laugh when someone talks about the care, money, and love they put into an instrument they're selling. "I love this like I love my own children. They're up for sale too."

I'd buy some kids right now
got yard work that needs doin'

I don't hate the guitar, but I wouldn't buy it

That's a whole boatload of fail for $1700...

Lesse: block inlays on a fender -- yuck; H-H-H -- ugh; three rail pickups - icepicks cubed; ugliest mint-greeen pg ever; missing the only interesting point of a jaguar -- switching options.

I had a jaguarillo. I would rather have the regular one for under $400 and mid what I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always wonder about custom builds like this. Guy obviously wanted something very specific, and managed to assemble it, and says it is an amazing guitar....but then it is for sale. I get that life sometimes requires gear liquidation, but I usually interpret these ads as 'I built it and it wasn't all that great'.

My thoughts as well.

I think the guy would do much better selling it if he parted it out. I doubt anyone will pay that much for it, but he may come close selling it in parts. If he still had the jaguarillo parts, he could put that back together and probably come close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back