Custom Pedalboards

Deep Eddy

Argle Bargle or Foofaraw?
I came across this on Craigslist. The boards looks great, but I suspect these cost far more than I would be willing to spend on a pedalboard.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/msd/4998605868.html

00x0x_dylM7e15ETc_600x450.jpg

Looks nice...looks heavy too. Does it have a lid? I was going to build a similar board with built-in jacks and power plug like that, but I came across a used board on craiglist instead.

Looks nice...looks heavy too. Does it have a lid? I was going to build a similar board with built-in jacks and power plug like that, but I came across a used board on craiglist instead.

It does have a lid. There are a number of pictures on the CL ad showing the case.

I still prefer the Boicebox. I have a lightweight flat one that I carry with a handle... but they're customizable with second tiers, wheels, and all kinds of stuff. The bamboo is strong, durable but MUCH lighter than the same board made from hardwoods.

IMG_2226.jpg

Its neat but their is a lot of emphasis on aesthetics that I think is lost on something I'm going to put on a beer soaked stage and kick.

Its neat but their is a lot of emphasis on aesthetics that I think is lost on something I'm going to put on a beer soaked stage and kick.

Agreed. It struck me as the pedalboard for the living room (high W.A. F.) or fancy Man Cave, not for a gigging musician such as yourself.

Those are beautiful, like many custom boards. Since I don't gig, I've thought about a fancy board for home, but the one Dad and I made does the job perfectly. If I did gig, I'd probably go with a larger Pedaltrain due to the weight/durability factor.

I don't get people spending on a lot a pedalboard. on tgp people are paying 1k for them.

seems like my pedaltrain works just fine. not sure what some fancy exotic wood is going to do for you but more power to you if that is what you like.

I still prefer the Boicebox. I have a lightweight flat one that I carry with a handle... but they're customizable with second tiers, wheels, and all kinds of stuff. The bamboo is strong, durable but MUCH lighter than the same board made from hardwoods.

IMG_2226.jpg
Nice

I don't get people spending on a lot a pedalboard. on tgp people are paying 1k for them.

seems like my pedaltrain works just fine. not sure what some fancy exotic wood is going to do for you but more power to you if that is what you like.
I got another pedaltain but I splurged on a Mono case for it. The bag with the PT boards has allowed quite q bit of damage to my pedals over the years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yup, I have a hardcase for mine too.

I dunno, I just bet that some of the wood ones can get much heavier than people imagine when ordering them and its not like they really make you sound any better or make life that much easier to setup and tear down.

I've looked at a bunch of them on Reverb and while they look really cool, no way am I spending that kind of cash on them.

When I saw Wilco the other night, everyone on stage with a pedalboard was using Pedaltrain. Good enough for them, their collections, and the level of touring they do, good enough for me.

I've looked at a bunch of them on Reverb and while they look really cool, no way am I spending that kind of cash on them.

When I saw Wilco the other night, everyone on stage with a pedalboard was using Pedaltrain. Good enough for them, their collections, and the level of touring they do, good enough for me.
I'd love to have someone build me a nice rig ala Pete Thorn but honestly what more do you need than a place that fits your pedals and has a case to keep them safe in transit?

This was in the last class I taught tonight:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431576924.095830.jpg

That beat buddy thing is the noisiest piece of shit I've ever seen. I had to pull it out of the signal chain so that you could hear the guitar over the humming and hissing.

Back