Question: Current Projects. What are you working on?

Gorgon90

Harmonic Dive Bomber
My current list is:

1) Celebrity by Ovation SuperStrat. Finish refurbishing what was the first decent guitar (and the second ever) I bought. All pickups, electrics and trem were KMD branded and were shot to hell and needed replacing. None of it was a standard size and there has been a lot of routing. All that's left now is to do a bit more routing as after fitting the brass block to the new Floyd I needed a deeper block on, I found as it is thicker as well it needs a bit more space than currently allowed for.

2) Axl Tiger Pro that my drummer has lent me. Needs some new locking nut screws and some straplocks in the short term. Possible longer term upgrades may include a new set of pickups and a replacement Floyd as I suspect the Speedloader currently on there is on the way out. That'll depend on whether he wants to pay for it or if I end up buying the guitar off him. Thread with pic here. http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/nltlgd-new-long-term-loan-guitar-day.62390/

3) Partsocaster. Still deciding on a few things and need to free the funds for the remaining bits. Mock up of it here: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/mock-up-of-my-next-partscaster.62280/

4) Yamaha 402S (as seen in Partsocaster thread). Needs a new set of pickups as the originals have gone microphonic. Currently looking at a set of Tonerider Hot Classics when funds are available.

5) Alesis Quadreverb GT. My faithful old rack effects unit has a dying screen. Found a supplier on ebay for £25 approx or may bite the bullet and do it myself as the parts are somewhere in the £5 to £10 range. Depends on whether I can I afford the time or the money when I get to this.

What's on your bench/to do list?

Mine is to get rid of the original Tele jack that comes standard and put a new one it so I can plug a right angle cord into the jack. I did find a cord that worked but it was a cheapo and is wearing out. I don't have the soldering iron,only one eye so no depth perception so I might have to hire it out

I am currently working on these and a few others

Guitar_Projects_00.jpg

Currently I'm working on a Strat for my best friend. Another friend is doing the refinish work., I'm replacing most of the hardware and electronics on it. Also, going to replace the electronics in, and do a set-up on my newly reacquired Hamer Special.

A refin on a squire strat I posted a thread about back in december. Got it mostly stripped down and sanded. It's going to be olympic white with tort guard. Unfortunately I also started a wall remodeling project for the mrs around the same time, that is not complete. So, until I get that clusterfuck done, I best not be seen painting a damn guitar:facepalm:

157404207.jpg

Not even putting in a pool. This is what it took just to start fixing the problems. LOL

Guitars? Who knows. Do that shit every day.

Cleaning up a used Schecter C1 Blackjack I scored from Guitar Center for $150. Condition was listed as used, it showed up rusty and dinged and missing parts. I should have just gotten a refund but I forgot about it for over a month. Now I’ve set it up for C/C# and I’m slowly replacing stuff. Once of the intonation screw retainer nuts for the Tonepros/Gotoh TOM bridge is missing and I’m not sure where to buy a replacement without replacing the entire bridge. I emailed Tonepros and am hoping that they’ll respond.

Oh yeah, and it looks like I need to have my furnace and water heater replaced. That’s gonna suck.

2) Axl Tiger Pro that my drummer has lent me. Needs some new locking nut screws and some straplocks in the short term. Possible longer term upgrades may include a new set of pickups and a replacement Floyd as I suspect the Speedloader currently on there is on the way out. That'll depend on whether he wants to pay for it or if I end up buying the guitar off him. Thread with pic here. http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/nltlgd-new-long-term-loan-guitar-day.62390/

Short term fixes done, new locking nut screws and straplocks fitted. One down, four to go.

Gotta cut the nut and bridge for a 3-string cigar box guitar strung up with black nylon strings, then that's done.

Building a bootleg hurdy gurdy, and am presently gluing up all the little fiddly parts.

And I'm slowly piling up pieces and parts for a tenor resonator guitar and a folk dulcimer I'd like to make out of some trees I took down around the house. Also, I'm building myself a proper workbench, also out of trees I felled this summer.

Back