Cult of Personality

And Speaking of Paige and Vernon...

Anyone that questions these two noisy ass rock players ability to play or that they have not mastered their instruments is just crazy. Both are straight ahead Jazzers trained, tried and true.

Paige can bop with the best of them

Killer video and has me enjoying Paige seeing him in this new light. I really liked the idea of Helmet and read all of the interviews Paige did, but I never connected with the music. It would be really cool if he could combine his take on rock with the bop he's playing. You know, some sort of non-smooth fusion like the stuff that Chris Poland plays.

Vernon's a great player, but I never really liked his guitar tone, when he was with In Living Colour - kind of a midrangey, blatty, squalling kind of sound.

I used to own a Digitech GSP21 Legend (I actually had two of them over the years) that had a a Vernon Reid patch.

It sounded horrible. But then all of the presets sounded horrible.

I never got into Living Colour, but do love Cult of Personality.

Great song, great band, quality bunch of dudes. Vernon is a supremely nice guy.

6327381.jpeg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Did you lose a bet?

I owned one of these things for a couple weeks... What a POS

I loved my first one. I ran it as a preamp into a pair of Peavey Classic Chorus 212s.

That setup sounded great.

After the first one blew up, it was a few years before I found the second one. I could never get it to sound the way I remembered the first one sounding, so I sold it.

Back