*crosses Mazda off the list*

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
They can't get iPod/usb connectivity right in their new cars?

:facepalm:

I guess it's limited to their 2014-2015 cars, across the model line. Earlier years are fine from what I've been reading.

3, 4, 5 minute load times are unacceptable for 2014. Heck, I have an aftermarket head in my 2007 Ford Focus that I had put in the beginning of 2011, and it fires right up with an iPod attached.

Shame. If they get this fixed I'd seriously consider a new Mazda3. Until then, no.

My 2012 works great, but I rarely use the iPod input thing and just do audio through my iPhone connected via bluetooth. Anyway, I hope they get their shit together and fix that issue, as that is a kind of a deal killer to the demographic looking at the 3 (younger people, mostly).

I put an aftermarket interface in my Corvette. My iPod plays music just fine, and skip from song to song from my steering wheel, but the full functionality of the interface doesn't work anymore. It used to display what we playing on the screen, but it doesn't do that anymore. I just live with it though, since I can still hear the music fine. Lately I've just been using shuffle mode, so it's like listening to the radio, but I like every song and there's now commercials or DJ talk.

Yeah, I'm sure there are fine aftermarket heads you could use. You'd more than likely lose any wheel buttons or that iDrive thingy that I think Mazda has now.

Mazda says they are working on it. I just don't know why a new system like they are using wouldn't be able to do what systems 5-6 years old could do. From what I gather, Bluetooth isn't affected, it's just when you connect something thru the usb, like an iPod classic, or phone, etc.

Back