Crock Pot, greatest invention of all time or...

Chad

Slender Hobbit
greatest invention of all time.

I have been wanting to get for ages. When I was a kid, my mom used one all the time, so I finally bought one. So easy to make some awesome food and so far, I have only made chicken. I am trying to ween my kids of chicken nuggets and it is working with my oldest. Unless I cook the chicken in nothing but ketchup, I don't think I will get the youngest to change.

Anyone have any good slow cooker recipes?

Let me think. We used to use ours all the time. mrs W still does pulled pork in it. I haven't cooked anything in it for a while.

Here's a tip for you.... keep your eyes peeled at places like Meijer and Target after the Thankgiving and Christmas holiday.... A year or two ago I got one of the $70 triple-crock pot cookers for $18.99. It's great when you're making mexican and need one crock for rice, one for beans, one for taco meat.... or potatoes, corn, and gravy. Plus each one has it's own temperature control. :baimun:

Reactions: Tig
Well, the important thing is queso dip.

Here's another favorite, even my picky-eater wife loves it, may make it this week:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/herb-sausage-stuffed-peppers

herb-sausage-stuffed-peppers-oh.jpg

Here's a tip for you.... keep your eyes peeled at places like Meijer and Target after the Thankgiving and Christmas holiday.... A year or two ago I got one of the $70 triple-crock pot cookers for $18.99. It's great when you're making mexican and need one crock for rice, one for beans, one for taco meat.... or potatoes, corn, and gravy. Plus each one has it's own temperature control. :baimun:

Triple crock pot? My god, They made it better. I know what I am putting on my xmas list. :grin:

I never thought about queso dip. That sounds promising.

Just throw a package of velveeta in there with a can of rotel. Hot sauce or peppers, worchestershire and meat are optional.

If you really want to go crazy you can use real cheese! :lol: But velveeta actually works great.

Just throw a package of velveeta in there with a can of rotel. Hot sauce or peppers, worchestershire and meat are optional.

If you really want to go crazy you can use real cheese! :lol: But velveeta actually works great.

Velveeta melts great, but there is something about it I don't like. I still will eat it and I still use it for dips but I am always looking for something better.

The wife and I just got one a about two or three weeks ago and had fun doing recipes. Depending upon what you're making or want, it's reminds me a bit of wok cooking...the cooking is easy as pie, but the prep can be time consuming (again, I stress, depending what you're making).

That little (potential) issue aside, if you make something in a traditional CP you've usually got three or four meals out if so the timing evens out. I think we've only ever made the same thing it once or twice. It's a fun thing to try new things with.

Swing by your local Indian grocery store and buy a bunch of curry sauces and spice mixes. Mix them with veggies and lamb or goat and let it cook all day.

Toaster oven.

not a huge crock pot fan, unless it is barbecue pulled chicken, or some type of hearty chili.

The first thing I made was chicken for enchiladas. I have been making homemade enchiladas for years and never got it right. The slow cooker did it. Freaking amazing.

Today I went easy. I just used a McCormick marinade with a little extra water so it doesn't dry out. I just went up for a taste and it is awesome.

The first thing I made was chicken for enchiladas. I have been making homemade enchiladas for years and never got it right. The slow cooker did it. Freaking amazing.

Today I went easy. I just used a McCormick marinade with a little extra water so it doesn't dry out. I just went up for a taste and it is awesome.
My wife makes some really awesome chilis and soups in the crock pot. If I remember to grab one of those recipes, I will let you know. One is a white bean chile with some green tomatillos or something in it, that is really good.

I usually do pulled pork or pot roast in mine. Great invention for the single guy.

I have a large crockpot and a small one... the smaller one I can do oatmeal in; set it up before bed, throw in steel cut oats, nuts, and berries and when you wake up you'll have a killer hot and fresh pot of GOOD oats... not that instant oat bullshit.

Back