Crackers with your soup

Dudeman1967

blah, blah, blah...
You get a bowl of soup or chili from the cafeteria. How many packs of crackers do take before you think it becomes excessive. Or maybe the point where they might charge for the extras.

I like lots of crackers with my soup. The buttery premium crackers over the oyster crackers over the Saltine types.

I usually grab 5-6 packs. After that I think I'm taking too many. The woman behind the counter couldn't give a shit one way or another I'm sure.

I like crackers in my chili too and some soups. In fact I like the chili and soup think like paste with crackers so probably 20 to 26 crackers depending on the size of the bowl. I usually get them from the salad bar with my salad and have never had anyone address it with me.

I'm thinking 2 crackers per pack so I'd take up to four packs (to get my moneys worth) but after four then you're in hobo territory

I'd say 2 packs is fine, more than that is pushing it.

But the restaurant would be out of line to say anything or try to charge for them unless you were stuffing your pockets or something... :tongue:

Just a few... I like a little salty crisp on top, but I don't mix it in and create chili concrete.

Zero.
If I'm served a bowl of soup with crackers on the side, they go uneaten.

I like crackers. Just not in soup. They go soggy and then the soup tastes like the stale air that's inside the cracker (due to the soda used to make them, not because the crackers are stale). Besides, it's more or less filler to make the soup filling.

With chili, I'd rather have a buttered piece of fresh bread.
I don't think I've ever had crackers with chili.

With soup I like bread or crostini.
With chili tortillas or a quesadilla

Very rarely will I use crackers on my soup. A piece of crusty bread to sop up the last bit out of the bowl, perhaps.

Clam chowder gets 2 packs of oyster crackers and a big ol' shot of tabasco on top.

Chili deserves and only gets buttered cornbread.

Homemade tomato soup gets a nice grilled cheese sammy.

All other soups get nothing.

Clam chowder gets 2 packs of oyster crackers and a big ol' shot of tabasco on top.

I cant believe I've never thought to put a blop of tobasco in my clam chowder!! I am in you're debt, sir!!

Love cornbread with chili but crackers in a pinch.

I like crumbled tortilla chips in tortilla soup.

Back