Cracker Jack or Fiddle Faddle?

Choose

• Total voters
Screaming-Yellow-Zonkers-Eat-Me-Box.jpg

I used to be a big fan of Cracker Jack. But they changed the recipe back in the early 7o's and messed it up.They switched over from using brown + cane sugars to corn syrup. Plus they now use a quarter of the peanuts they used to put in.

I used to be a big fan of Cracker Jack. But they changed the recipe back in the early 7o's and messed it up.They switched over from using brown + cane sugars to corn syrup. Plus they now use a quarter of the peanuts they used to put in.

This^^

And don't get me started on the crappy paper sundial

I haven't a clue about what it tasted like before the late '70's but I complete agree on the peanuts.

A box of Cracker Jack is just one big disappointment anymore.

Can't comment on Fiddle Faddle, haven't had it since the '80's, there was a box at week here for a week or so and no one opened it...and they eat everything here.

There is another candied popcorn too,I just don't remember the name.

*edit*
Crunch and Munch.
I might have to do a taste test this week.

It's been so long since I last had either one that I have no idea which was better. I recall both being good.

I make a much tastier snack these days.... melt a stick of butter in a large pot.... very low heat. When it's melted, dump in some Cheerios.... or similar. Stir around in the pot, and turn off the heat. Sprinkle on some dry seasonings.... I like ranch salad dressing mix.... stir more then munch. Do NOT use margarine for this.... the flavor will be totally different and margarine isn't good for you in the first place.

Back