Country band - we've made it to the fair!

wagdog

Ack
Just got booked for the Orleans County fair in Barton, VT. Right after the horse pull and before the stunt car driver show! Thurs Aug 18, 6-8. Pretty sure we're on the main stage!

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Just listened to some of the sound clips. Definitely like your vibe. Sounds like the same type of music as Old 97's and Cross Canadian Ragweed. Totally digging it.

Just listened to some of the sound clips. Definitely like your vibe. Sounds like the same type of music as Old 97's and Cross Canadian Ragweed. Totally digging it.
Thanks! Appreciate that you gave us a listen and your nice comments.

That is a pretty nice set of recordings for being done in a rehearsal space. You will wow the crowd, for sure. I can see the folks dancing already.

That is a pretty nice set of recordings for being done in a rehearsal space. You will wow the crowd, for sure. I can see the folks dancing already.
Thanks Gary, appreciate that you gave the recordings a listen. It's a BIG stage and venue - should be a lot of fun. The fair people made up a flyer:

image.jpeg

Had our last practice before the fair this evening - things are looking good for Thursday. We've got a great sound guy lined up as well. The sound guy has played this fair, and done sound there before, so we're in good hands with him.

Should be a cool venue. In the image linked below, the stage is the building on the right side of the track, and the grandstands on the left. I'm told between the track and the stands, they hold up to 3000 people - yikes. The area to the left of the grandstands are filled up with rides and fair stuff (the midway) .

https://goo.gl/maps/DQq9wJ5VupH2

So the country band is doing the fair gig Thursday afternoon/evening and a 4 hour party Saturday afternoon. I just found out the 3 piece blues/jazz/funk/jam band I play with (but haven't gigged with since Dec of 2015) picked up a 4 hour gig weds night.

Gonna be a big week.

Gig 1 of 3 done. Was great playing with the blues band last night. We had a few people show up to jam as well and that made it even better. Nice size crowd and a lot of fun. Ended playing about a half hour or so over and got home late - worth it!

The fair is today. Weather is looking good! Very psyched.

Back