Countach alert!

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
Apparently this was supposed to be released as a Petrolicious video but it got tangled up in some contractual mess. Anyway, great video.

I've driven one. Hated it, gated shifter, zero visibility, horrendous seating position, basically a rolling nightmare. No thank you.

I used to have one of these.
LamboWEB.jpg

The Alpine car stereo of course.

That dude has a limited edition Gallardo named after him. Not bad for a kid who used to sweep and mop the shop floor.

As for driving the Countach... yes, it's horribly cramped, ergonomically insane, hotter inside than Hell during a heatwave, the noxious fumes might kill you before you reach your destination, the visibility is shamefully poor, the clutch and steering take Superhuman strength, the car is ALWAYS trying to kill you, and that's EXACTLY what Feruccio wanted and why it's called "Countach". It was never meant to be tamed. It is a statement on 4 wheels. A call to arms, a brash showcasing of automotive madness.

This is why it might just be the greatest car ever made.

Sent from Crab Nebulae via reverse engineered alien technology

I once had to pass one on a narrow German B road because the uneven paving was making his stiff suspension jump all over the road. I could literally see how his wheels had little contact even at our low speed and he would skirt a little bit every time he hit a rough patch. Speed limit was 100kmh and he was doing 70. And then he was as wide as a tractor and skipping, which made my passing a harrowing ordeal.

He would have mopped the floor with me anywhere else, but that moment convinced me I wouldn't enjoy owning one, because I hate the Autobahn and avoid it if possible.

Back