Could not resist GAS!

thecornman

BREAUX
So after a good long run of controlling GAS I broke down today and grabbed something I felt I just had to have! Went to the music store yesterday on my lunch break and saw they had one of the Fender Pawn Shop Surf Green Excelsior Pro amps for 399. I had been thinking I would like to add another low watt tube amp to the mix and this thing fit the bill for what it had to offer. After seeing it I could not stop thinking about it. Went back today and picked it up. Only got a quick chance to try it out at home so far and and could not get it past nine a clock, because it was so much loader then I would have thought for a 13 watt amp. Maybe it has something to do with the 15" eminence speaker it comes with. Going to try and find the time to take it to my bands rehearsal spot tomorrow so I can crank it up and see what it is all about.

One with my Tele Build.

Thanks! Think I am going to get some good use out of this one. Love the simple layout and will be using pedals for varity. Don't think it will have any problem keeping up with the band either. Can plug it into my 2-12 Celestine cab if need be.

Wow! That's a lot of surf green! Looks awesome.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Very cool.
HNAD!

Let us know how it works with an accordion. :tongue:
Lol, I guess they have the accordion and vocal jacks to make it more like a kick back to the old amps from the 50's and 60's. If you plug your guitar into the different jacks it gives you different sound options to play with. I have not had a chance to give this thing a good try yet, because I live in a townhouse style condo and cant crank it up. When I have the time this week I will take it to our rehershal space and let it buck. This thing is load. The tremolo on it is nice as well. Nothing over the top.

What if you use a compressor pedal, and it is out of phase with the accordian? Ya know, it compresses when the accordian bellows expand.

Reactions: Tig
Back