Coop Modified T-Style Custom 2013 Trans Orange

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
https://reverb.com/item/239680-coop-modified-t-style-custom-2013-trans-orange

ditrohtbzvhaod9jlabt.jpg

This is a gorgeous and unique custom, slightly reliced T-Style guitar made my Pat Murray at Coop Guitars. Pat Murray is making some of the most unique, colorful tone machines available today. This guitar is a beautiful trans orange with ivory binding. The pick ups are a filter-tron in the neck and a Fralin Blues Special in the bridge. This is a great combination and the filter-tron in the neck sounds great. The guitar is barely played and is in mint condition. The relic job is perfect and looks exactly like a vintage instrument. The original hard shell case is included. The video below is the exact guitar listed here.

I don't like the way the control plate follows the edge of the guitar, I'd like it straight up like a Tele. But other than that, not a bad looking tele clone.

The only thing I like better about this guitar over this one:

1403728935buckshot_CBLU_MPL_main.png

...is that it has a true Tele profile and bridge. Yet, that preference isn't strong enough to diminish my desire for a Buckshot at all. Right now the only two Tele-style guitars that I want as much are the Godin Session Custom and the first iteration of the Fender '52 HotRod. But this here Reverend is a thing of beauty. It's funny that months (or maybe a year before) this combo of color and maple were offered I contacted them and Ken said he could do it for me. Well, he went and did it for EVERYONE. That's a beautiful thing right there.

Back