Cool...wet...summer....

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
I was just checking the weather charts for the past few months here. The last time it topped 90 degrees was July 25th - over a month ago. In a usual summer probably half of August would be over 90. We have had 14 days over 90 all summer. A couple summers ago we were over 90 about 40 days in a row.

And I have watered my lawn probably 4 times all summer. A normal summer I am watering three times a week almost every week. According the the 'official' measurements we are below average in August for rain fall. That is bogus. Sunday night I rained really hard for a good 30 minutes and the 'official' measurement was 0.00.

And teh long term outlook right now is cool and wet. Now I am not a hot weather person. 80s suits me just fine, but it is very unusual for here. Way better than the drought years and the fires. As long as we can avoid the flooding we had last year.

Same basic story to the south of you. It's been incredibly mild and surprisingly wet this year.

Summer here hasn't been as brutal as it can be, but I'm still ready for fall to arrive. :tongue:

LOL....I was saying just last week that there was a noticeable change in the air.....it was "more crisp".......the leaves are already starting to show their colors a bit......fall is just around the corner up here.

I did see the first hummingbird of fall the other day, so that is a hopeful sign!

She was a bedraggled-looking, tiny little hen, but I'll take any positive sign I can get.

I was just checking the weather charts for the past few months here. The last time it topped 90 degrees was July 25th - over a month ago. In a usual summer probably half of August would be over 90. We have had 14 days over 90 all summer. A couple summers ago we were over 90 about 40 days in a row.

And I have watered my lawn probably 4 times all summer. A normal summer I am watering three times a week almost every week. According the the 'official' measurements we are below average in August for rain fall. That is bogus. Sunday night I rained really hard for a good 30 minutes and the 'official' measurement was 0.00.

And teh long term outlook right now is cool and wet. Now I am not a hot weather person. 80s suits me just fine, but it is very unusual for here. Way better than the drought years and the fires. As long as we can avoid the flooding we had last year.
We have had very wet weather for this time of year, and cool. Since the end of July. it rained like 3 weeks straight. I felt like I was in Puyallup, WA. I wish the moisture and cooler than normal temps were hitting in the winter. That would be the best for the water table, and the skiing.

We have had very wet weather for this time of year, and cool. Since the end of July. it rained like 3 weeks straight. I felt like I was in Puyallup, WA. I wish the moisture and cooler than normal temps were hitting in the winter. That would be the best for the water table, and the skiing.

Yeah. It would do more good then....

I did see the first hummingbird of fall the other day, so that is a hopeful sign!

She was a bedraggled-looking, tiny little hen, but I'll take any positive sign I can get.

Thanks for the reminder. Time to fill up the feeders.

And I'm tired of this heat, even if it is in the low to mid 90's instead of the usual upper 90's. :mad:

We are finally getting days under 100F,fuck the Desert.
There was a storm last week that was pretty bad though.
Worst in Phoenix in over 20 years some locals said.

It has been really cool here, almost too cool. I haven't gone to our pool yet and this is the last weekend it is open.

I think overall it was a little warmer than average up here, but not extreme by any stretch.
I don't think we had a single day over 95 degrees and probably only 5 days or so over 90....but we have had a lot of days in the mid to upper 80's which is bit more than we're used to.

All in all though, not a bad summer.

Cool here, too, until last week. But one more day and it'll be raining and cool again. One of the most pleasant summers ever here.

Back