Cool Skill - Know Your Fretboard Lesson - feat. the Jerry Jones Electric Sitar

This is great and very timely. I am trying to learn all the notes on the fretboard. I sacrificed a cheap deck of playing cards to make my own set of note cards. I then shuffled them and went through the strings like in your video. It was a disaster, but I definitely see how this will help. Cool guitar too

Good stuff. This is one thing that has frustrated me since starting guitar. I pretty much know the notes on the E strings, and A string, as those two lower strings are often where the chord roots. But the rest is tough for me to learn. It is one thing that frustrates me as compared to piano. Learn center C and you have it on a piano. All laid out in black and white. I suppose there is a mathematic pattern that I should also figure out on guitar. But this memorization tool is probably as good an approach as anything.

Learn center C and you have it on a piano. All laid out in black and white. I suppose there is a mathematic pattern that I should also figure out on guitar. But this memorization tool is probably as good an approach as anything.

So true about piano. And there are definitely patterns on the guitar but more hidden. Just plain old rote memorization and then using it will do the trick.

Back