Cooking with pumpkin guts

and some pumpkin meat available after our family jack o' lantern carving. I have been tired of throwing so much away after paying say 0.39 cents/lb for it.

I took all the guts, stripped the seeds to roast later, added some pumpkin meat from the carving, put it all in the Vitamix and blended it all out, added a red bell pepper, a some celery, some carrots, raw ginger, some chicken stock, some cloves of garlic, a little kale, onion powder and spices, some tahini, vita mixed those ingredients, added some canned diced tomatoes, and threw it in the crock pot last night. Last night as it was warming, it tasted too much like a jack o' lantern smells when you light the candle. But after cooking down all night, it tastes really good!

And the roasted seeds will be great too.

Anyone else use their pumpkin guts for something besides compost?

I grow eating pumpkins, and compost carving pumpkins (after roasting the seeds) to feed my eating pumpkins. But I saw a news story on Friday that has changed my pumpkin game forever, and possibly provided me with some serious fodder for my incoming midlife crisis:
images.jpeg

I'm totally setting out to grow a pumpkin big enough to kayak in. I'm doing some hugelkultur hardscaping in my yard that won't be in full swing for two or three years, but then it begins in earnest.

Yeah, obviously carving pumpkins aren't as good for food. But it worked and was nearly free. Now, I am not sure those pumpkin kayaks would handle the middle fork of the Salmon all that well. But good luck with that!

Back