Construction starts today on my new studio space...

Insulation and sheeting done. Drywall is next!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469748277.827783.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469748287.363144.jpg

Mark, if you want to double SHeet Rock, I can send you a few tubes of Quiet Glue(Green Glue equivalent) I had left over.
I'm not really trying to soundproof the space since it's not going to work with a standard garage door. I'm only doing private lessons and some video and recording here but nothing loud enough to piss off the neighbors. The insulation is more about trying to keep the room comfortable than anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not really trying to soundproof the space since it's not going to work with a standard garage door. I'm only doing private lessons and some video and recording here but nothing loud enough to piss off the neighbors. The insulation is more about trying to keep the room comfortable than anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Aww come on! What's the point of having a garage band if it doesn't piss off the neigbors? :wink:
Think of it as payback to those asshats that nearly burnt your neighborhood to the ground.

Looks like you're doing a pretty good job, @Mark Wein.

I did some "general" construction work before when I was younger, and I know what a horror-show working with insulation in the summertime can be. Yuck.

Hopefully, you haven't torn up your arms/legs/face from the glass fibers.
On the plus side, if you've worn long sleeves and pants, you've probably sweated out 4 or 5 lbs, though it does make for miserable working conditions.
:wink:

Don't forget to run a couple of extra electrical lines in the walls, just in case you want to use them in the future.

I did some "general" construction work before when I was younger, and I know what a horror-show working with insulation in the summertime can be. Yuck.

On the plus side, if you've worn long sleeves and pants, you've probably sweated out 4 or 5 lbs, though it does make for miserable working conditions.

Don't forget to run a couple of extra electrical lines in the walls, just in case you want to use them in the future.
Actually I have a contractor doing this. Outside of a little demo at the beginning I'm only painting and doing the floor. Im too old for this shit and too inexperienced to make it look good.

Aww come on! What's the point of having a garage band if it doesn't piss off the neigbors? :wink:
Think of it as payback to those asshats that nearly burnt your neighborhood to the ground.
Actually we had our first rehearsal here last week since I've lived in the house but we kept it pretty quiet. I'd rather not advertise or what I do or antagonize everyone too much since my business license depends on me not pissing off the neighborhood.

Actually I have a contractor doing this. Outside of a little demo at the beginning I'm only painting and doing the floor. Im too old for this shit and too inexperienced to make it look good.

I'm kind of realizing that now, too. I need to fix/re-surface/repair and add on to the deck out back, and while I COULD do it, it's probably just easier in the long run to hire someone to do it. Will cost me more money, but I also won't be laid up in traction or sore-as-hell for days afterwards.

I'm kind of realizing that now, too. I need to fix/re-surface/repair and add on to the deck out back, and while I COULD do it, it's probably just easier in the long run to hire someone to do it. Will cost me more money, but I also won't be laid up in traction or sore-as-hell for days afterwards.
Yeah. I've done this before when we built the store but Id rather this look professionally done not only for my customers but also for the resale value of the house if we ever needed to sell it.

Are you going to hire out the drywall mudding and taping, too?

Well worth it, in my opinion. A friend of mine has a business where that's all he does.

You're like, "Hi, how are you doi..."
They're like, "Done!"

And they get it on there so smooth and even there is not much sanding required before paint.

Are you going to hire out the drywall mudding and taping, too?

Well worth it, in my opinion. A friend of mine has a business where that's all he does.

You're like, "Hi, how are you doi..."
They're like, "Done!"

And they get it on there so smooth and even there is not much sanding required before paint.
Yes. I HATE doing drywall.

by Mark Wein on MarkWeinGuitarLessons.com

by Mark Wein on MarkWeinGuitarLessons.com

I have no problem hanging the drywall, but I will not mud, tape or sand. I helped a buddy finish his basement and we hung it all. One his way to work one morning, he stopped by a new neighborhood being built and found a guy doing drywall and asked him if he would come do the finishing. I think the guy did the mud, tape and sanding for like $300. I would pay 3 times that much so I didn't have to do it.

Panty hose or cornstarch keeps the fiberglass from making you itch too bad without having to wear long sleeves.

Back