Confusing Wake Ups

tompetty

Sporting a hammer...
Had one today. Woke up to one cat purring in my face and another cat kneading my chest. Looked at the alarm clock and it read 8:15 am....Shit,I'm late for work...Oh well,no big deal,I'll just pick up the phone and tell the folks I'll be in in a while..............DING DING DING.......It's Saturday...Cool.....Time for tea and feed the cats their raw chicken gizzard breakfast....My 2 youngest daughters and my Mom(who can sing but can't cook),are coming over to spend the night. Homemade spaghetti,garlic bread and apple crisp with whipped cream. Perhaps a little planning pressure is why I awoke confused..

Oh,and here's an example of how my Mom can't cook...She stops by last night and brings me a container of french onion soup that she just made.....She brought me the fixings to go on top too...I reheat it and go to eat it later on after she's gone home.......THERE'S BARLEY IN THE SOUP....I shake my head,this can't be so...Yup Barley in the french onion soup...Down the toilet it goes....Fuck Mom....When she come over today I'll smile and tell her it was tasty.....

Have a good one people....Off to the grocery store.....

Last edited:
When I was in college I had a roomate with a couple of cats. I frequently was awakened by a cat kneading my chest, usually with claws out. I woke up confused, too. It wnet something like, "Awwww, that's so cute . . . wait, shouldn't I be mad at you for digging your claws into me?"

Sorry to hear abour your mom's shortcomings in the culinary department. At least her heart was in the right place. Barley you say? :facepalm:

I once woke up with my friend's Siamese cat staring at me, about 2 inches from my face. I thought it was an alien in my confused state and sent it sailing across the room.

156108_1518221351201_4631887_n.jpg

I love barley in soup :)

There's an Irish Pub down near baimun's that make a nice Molly Malone stew, with mussels, seafood, barley, tomatoes, and that Irish soda-bread on the side. Yummy!

I like barley too but I never would have imagined putting it in a french onion soup.........

Back