Concerts - Favorite of 2016 and Looking Forward To 2017

My friends and I had been going to see Metallica, but they sold out in minutes and the ticket resellers (aka fucking scalpers) jacked the price of everything but nosebleed seats up to astronomical levels.

So we're going to see Soundgarden on May 25th instead. We saw them for the King Animal tour a few years ago and they still put on a hell of a show, so we're going again.

So we're going to see Soundgarden on May 25th instead. We saw them for the King Animal tour a few years ago and they still put on a hell of a show, so we're going again.

Enjoy. I got to see them open for NiN a few years ago and it was a great show.

Mark Olson has only done one album with the band since '95 and wasn't on the last one. I saw them last year (or the year before) at the 9:30 club. I think I will have to hit this one too.

The Jayhawks latest album, "Paging Mr. Proust" is their best since "Rainy Day Music". If I could go see them, I would.

Also, you people who don't like GA shows need to stand closer to the stage. :embarrassed:

The Jayhawks latest album, "Paging Mr. Proust" is their best since "Rainy Day Music". If I could go see them, I would.

Also, you people who don't like GA shows need to stand closer to the stage. :embarrassed:

The last album is pretty good.

It's not that I don't like GA shows, I don't like GA shows where there should only be 500 people in the club and the is 800 there. When I go to the 9:30 club I always get right up to the stage. Not drinking has an advantage, no need to keep going to the bar and having to fight through the crowd.

The last album is pretty good.

It's not that I don't like GA shows, I don't like GA shows where there should only be 500 people in the club and the is 800 there. When I go to the 9:30 club I always get right up to the stage. Not drinking has an advantage, no need to keep going to the bar and having to fight through the crowd.

My knees have been shot for years. If I'm moving it's okay (-ish...still uncomfortable, but at least there's a benefit of going/getting somewhere). So at a concert I need to be able to have a reprieve. The only GA I like are lawn seats, but then you're at the will of the weather. I like to see a show rain or shine without getting drenched and/or muddy.

I rarely have time to go to big concerts but my wife just bought tickets to see Depeche Mode in the fall. That was actually the last big concert I went to about three years ago and they were awesome so I'm good with it.

I rarely have time to go to big concerts but my wife just bought tickets to see Depeche Mode in the fall. That was actually the last big concert I went to about three years ago and they were awesome so I'm good with it.

That's a band I've always wanted to see. Violator could be the best sounding record ever made. You can play a cassette version of it on a shitty $10 boom box and is still sounds huge and awesome.

I saw Carmen at the Lyric and Rite of Spring at the CSO last week. Nothing on the rock and roll front at the moment.

I am a big Depeche Mode fan, but don't know if I'd enjoy the show. I can't handle loud nowadays. :old:

Okay, Carol and I will make a road trip to New London, CT on June 3rd to see Donovan. I am glad that Carol agreed to go; we'll get a hotel near there and make a weekend of it. I'm pretty psyched, I must say. :hippie: I was happy to pay $60 per seat, in row H of the Orchestra area.

Is that at the Garde Arts Center? Cool venue, if so...

Yeah, we used to do sound in there when they would bring in bigger acts. I'm not sure how the sound is in there anymore. Hopefully it will be good for you.
I'm not sure if this is a solo concert or with a band. It is billed as a Sunshine Superman anniversary show; he did one that was filmed with orchestra and band. He has also done a lot of solo acoustic shows, so I am open for whatever happens.

Last Friday I checked the Grandaddy tickets I'd bought earlier this year to see when the show was.

It was last Wednesday. :facepalm:

Back