Concerts - Favorite of 2016 and Looking Forward To 2017

Not too big a year for us concert wise so far. We saw Lord Huron a few weeks ago when we landed free tix at the last minute. They were fun to watch. I liked the bass player quite a bit.

and just now, I picked up some tickets for the Foo Fighters who are coming to the Boise area (Nampa Civic Center Arena) because my 17 year old son said he wanted to go with me. I don't need to be asked twice on that one. Tickets have been on sale for a while before I realized, so no floor spot up front this time, as we were able to get at the Gorge. Will be up high on the side, which I thought would be better than tickets for twice as much much further back but lower. It is not a huge arena so should be fun.
The Foo Fighters should be awesome....way too many killer songs. That's a band that crosses all sorts of boundaries in their universal appeal.

I just picked up tickets for two more shows:

J.D. McPherson - 10/16
The English Beat - 10/22

Taking my 17 year old son, the same age I was when I saw the original tour. Should be very cool. He's a huge fan.
1a4fe45de867030011726156f9b2e09d.jpg

Going to this on Saturday - free! Why? Everybody goes to parties. They dance this mess around.
the-b-52s-4f400e561ab12.jpg

532 South Olive St
Los Angeles CA 90013

GET DIRECTIONS
Go Metro
EVENTS / MUSIC
THE B52S AT PERSHING SQUARE - FREE!

AUGUST 12

8:embarrassed:0 PM
PERSHING SQUARE: LOS ANGELES

ADD TO CALENDAR
MORE INFO
EVENT OVERVIEW
The B52s play a free show at Downtown's Pershing Square.

I just got back from the B52s with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. It was pretty fascinating, particularly for the people watching. I was sad that the guitars were all turned way down.

52529acf8f972b2a5eabd311d8f0c115.jpg

Earlier in the year I took my parents and brother to see Toni Visconti, Woody Woodmanson and the lad from Level 42 do the Spiders On Mars album and it was amazing.

The missus bought us tickets for Take That and they were brilliant :grin: Best stage show I've seen since Sigur Ros.

We've got Shed 7 and Cast at the end of November that I'm really looking forward to. It's interesting as me and my brother get a bit older and go to see the bands we were into as teens that down the line we'll probably drag our own kids along to them like my dad took us to see Ian Hunter and the like when we were younger.

Got tickets for Roger Waters next year too. Not read too much about it but it sounds like a greatest hits type deal (not that he'd ever call it that) so I'm really looking forward to that.

Earlier in the year I took my parents and brother to see Toni Visconti, Woody Woodmanson and the lad from Level 42 do the Spiders On Mars album and it was amazing.

Holy Holy! Caught this crew twice on the East coast when they were doing Man Who Sold +++. They were fantastic!

Holy Holy! Caught this crew twice on the East coast when they were doing Man Who Sold +++. They were fantastic!

I saw that one too but I was absolutely fucked on account of spending the first part of the day at a brewery tour which ended with a good few hours of open bar time. :facepalm:

Just saw Slowdive last night at the Wiltern. Opening band was great. Cherry Glazerr (parody name after local LA station KCRW morning anchor Chery Glaser) has been getting a big buzz around LA for the past year or two, playing at FYF (Fuck Yeah Fest) in LA and SXSW. They were opening for the Flaming Lips earlier this year. Anyway one of the few times I've actually enjoyed the opening band. The lead singer/lead guitarist is Clementine Creevy, 20 years old, and she's just as crazy live as she is in the video below. Great sense of humor, quirky vocals and lyrics, and she's a really inventive guitarist and composer. The videos don't really do justice to the band's live energy, but they are funny.

This one shot in LA's legendary Echo Park

The other girl in this vid is the keyboard player (she doesn't really want to kill her in real life)

Last edited:
Back