Concerts - Favorite of 2016 and Looking Forward To 2017

Just bought a Will Call ticket to Theocracy :) Tickets are only $12, + something like a $4.75 service charge, so under $17 all told.

My favorite Christian metal band, better than Stryper :embarrassed:

It's at Reggie's in Chicago. Have you ever been there @PunkKitty ? Looks like it's on the east side of the tracks from Chinatown? I'm actually thinking of getting a hotel room for after the show. A guy I work with goes to Reggie's alot for punk shows, he says there's a hotel close by, but I don't see any on google maps. I don't want a roach hotel...

Also looks like a decent burger joint just down the block, The Burger Point? 4.7 star rating on google maps.

@Jbird -- Reggies is rad. Not sure about hotels because I just go home. It's a cool venue. It's over by McCormick place

@BlockInlay
Probably floor, but depending on what is available.

70615s.gif

@Jbird -- Reggies is rad. Not sure about hotels because I just go home. It's a cool venue. It's over by McCormick place
A friend of mine at work was warning me about the area. He says the County Jail is in the area? And he says they let a lot of prisoners go at night time, if the jail gets overcrowded :shrug:

For some reason I am completely unable to paste a picture in here.

However, the King Crimson concert was AMAZING!

The band was incredibly together without being mechanical. The three drummers generated unbelievable reverberating cycles of energy. One of them also played keyboards, and two of them also handled the more atmospheric light percussion. Tony Levin was great, as was the wind instrument player. There was also another keyboard player and Fripp played a mellotron. None of that is news, of course. Suffice it to say that I had a once in a lifetime experience. There was so much to watch and hear! I find KC to move me deeply in a lot of ways, and I am incredibly grateful that I got to see them.

Recently saw Robin Trower and he did not disappoint.
Saw Jimmie Vaughan, who plays a straight forward rig with only a little vibrato and kicks ass.
Saw Anne Wilson, whose guitar player, Craig Bartock covered Heart, Hendrix and the Who and tore it up.
Went to see Melissa Etheridge and was surprised and impressed with her guitar prowess and voice. (I may have been one of the very few men there.)
Met Chieli Minucci of Special EFX after a show recently. He's an amazing player.

Have tickets for Night Ranger in a few weeks.

I was checking into the show at BB&T Pavilion in Camden. Between the ticket prices, driving and parking, and being on Sunday night, I've lost all interest.

$50 for lawn seats and a cute old girlfriend that lives about 20 minutes from the amphitheater. I couldn't refuse...

I went to go see Mary Timony on her "Plays Helium" tour last night. Lotsa fun. Rad guitar pop vibes. Wayback machine to the '90s.

I'd only ever seen her once before with Wild Flag. She's a lot more engaging doing this material and not weighed down by Carrie B's mugging and yalping.

I went to go see Mary Timony on her "Plays Helium" tour last night. Lotsa fun. Rad guitar pop vibes. Wayback machine to the '90s.

I'd only ever seen her once before with Wild Flag. She's a lot more engaging doing this material and not weighed down by Carrie B's mugging and yalping.
She's in Ex Hex, right?

Ms. Dmn and I will be in CO this weekend for the Telluride Bluegrass Festival. We're attending on Sunday:

10:45 - 12:15pm — We the People featuring Abigail Washburn & Friends
12:30 - 1:45pm — The East Pointers
2:embarrassed:0 - 3:15pm — Parker Millsap
3:45 - 5:embarrassed:0pm — Béla Fleck & Chris Thile
5:30 - 6:45pm — Hot Rize
7:15 - 8:30pm — Elephant Revival
9:embarrassed:0 - 10:30pm — Jason Mraz & His Superband

Back