Concerts - Favorite of 2016 and Looking Forward To 2017

IMG_4086.JPG
Waiting for Wilco to take the stage.

Last edited:
Just bought a Will Call ticket to Theocracy :) Tickets are only $12, + something like a $4.75 service charge, so under $17 all told.

My favorite Christian metal band, better than Stryper :embarrassed:

It's at Reggie's in Chicago. Have you ever been there @PunkKitty ? Looks like it's on the east side of the tracks from Chinatown? I'm actually thinking of getting a hotel room for after the show. A guy I work with goes to Reggie's alot for punk shows, he says there's a hotel close by, but I don't see any on google maps. I don't want a roach hotel...

Also looks like a decent burger joint just down the block, The Burger Point? 4.7 star rating on google maps.

I've seen them twice, in the early and late 90s. He is awesome, glad to see he is still skankin away.

On paper you'd think it was a terrible idea. "We're gonna pay him as a band member to do what?" But he absolutely adds to the experience and it wouldn't be nearly as much fun without him.

Just bought a Will Call ticket to Theocracy :) Tickets are only $12, + something like a $4.75 service charge, so under $17 all told.

My favorite Christian metal band, better than Stryper :embarrassed:

It's at Reggie's in Chicago. Have you ever been there @PunkKitty ? Looks like it's on the east side of the tracks from Chinatown? I'm actually thinking of getting a hotel room for after the show. A guy I work with goes to Reggie's alot for punk shows, he says there's a hotel close by, but I don't see any on google maps. I don't want a roach hotel...

Also looks like a decent burger joint just down the block, The Burger Point? 4.7 star rating on google maps.

Reggie's is just South of The Loop on State St. Pretty good area, and you are correct that it's just East of Chinatown.

Have never been there, myself. Andy Timmons played thre last October, and I missed it :cry:

I've either made a colossal mistake or this is going to be amazing, I'm not sure which.

View attachment 34238

I'd only go were a free ticket offered, but from everything I've heard Bruce's voice is still killing it. The musicianship of the other guys is also still there. So, as long as you're a Maiden fan and can accept that their catalog is big enough that they are unlikely to play all of your favorites (the case with any long lasting band), it should only be amazing.

Enjoy.

Yeah, I've seen recent clips—they sound great. The first show I ever saw in Albuquerque was Maiden on the Powerslave tour with W.A.S.P. opening. So from that perspective it should be a fun nostalgia trip.

But from the perspective of, "I'm a 47 year old guy who's paid to be in the freakin' pit at a Maiden show" I'm kind of wondering what the hell I was thinking. :messedup:

Yeah, I've seen recent clips—they sound great. The first show I ever saw in Albuquerque was Maiden on the Powerslave tour with W.A.S.P. opening. So from that perspective it should be a fun nostalgia trip.

But from the perspective of, "I'm a 47 year old guy who's paid to be in the freakin' pit at a Maiden show" I'm kind of wondering what the hell I was thinking. :messedup:

I see...you're worried about your toes getting crunch under walker wheels :thu:

The new ones have seats and brakes:

81HsAtia%2BbL._SX355_.jpg

pretty solid turnout for our show on friday. i had a blast.

view from the stage right before we started
19047941_10203579756012416_178770618_n.jpg

someone posted this one

18921677_10210886884020387_1619102217093637119_n.jpg

Boston/Joan Jett this Wed @ Shoreline

Aw man i'd love to see Joan Jett! I don't get in until Thursday though.

Any suggestions on which part of the SAP center I should try to get a seat in? I'd like to actually be somewhat close to the stage. Floor? Or is one of the elevated sections a better bet?

Back