completely overwhelmed

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
The Pitchfactor arrived today. Its so detailed, there are instructions for the instruction manual! I was able to scroll through sounds and get the tuner to work. My initial impressions are:

Throw out your Octavia. It is now obsolete.
The same goes for your chorus pedal.
Put your tuner on the small board that you take to rehearsal.
Learn your music theory. When it says "intelligent pitch shifting", its not kidding.

More later. For now I need a new midi cable so I can hook up my Tech 21 Midi Mouse, so I don't have to switch between modes. And I need to learn how to use the freaking tap tempo.

Funny enough, I was just showing this video to my last student:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TFO9movvrs"]YouTube down for maintenance[/nomedia]

Now I want one :embarrassed:

ok, Midi Mouse works beautifully, with no setup needed. plug n play. awesome.

expression pedal needs to be calibrated. it doesn't stay down at zero unless you hold it there, and sweeps to 100 very quickly.

i've scrolled through about 40 patches so far. most of them are totally useless except to the very stoned. but such is life with any signal processor. what impresses me most is how good the modulation is. and you can chuck your EHX Micro Synth too. its going to take a long time to get the hang of, but once i do, this pedal will easily be the centerpiece of my board. it may even have made my Z-Vex Ooh Wah redundant.

the only problem is that you can only use one effect at a time. so say i want to take my modulated delay off the board (which i totally could). if i want to use the mod delay with the pitch shifter, you simply can't do it. there are enough knobs to do that with, but if i add delay to the pitch shift, it will delay the shifted note, not the entire thing. at least that's my first impression of it. we'll see.

in the meantime, the answer to your question is yes. its absolutely worth $500.

I have absolutely no use for that but goddamn does that look fucking awesome! :love:

i like using a pitch shifter for whammy sounds, 4ths harmonies, and octaves. but this one can do so much more than that with its chorus, filter, and delay sounds. i'm also going to dissect the songs i play and learn how to use the intelligent pitch shifting. because that will definitely help make me a better musician.

everything after that is just wacky, and i look forward to the hours i'll spend with it making devo like ray gun sounds and pissing off the neighbors. :baimun:

i'm pretty surprised, but it likes the wah in front of it and everything else after it. i thought it was going to demand to be first and that i'd have issues. still not sure where i want my sToneBender in there, but for now everything sounds great.

That pretty much makes sense to me....

it would make sense if it were just a wah pedal. but the Ooh Wah is out front too and it makes no sense that it can still track in front of that thing.

it actually sounds pretty good after distortion. but it sounds better before.

it would make sense if it were just a wah pedal. but the Ooh Wah is out front too and it makes no sense that it can still track in front of that thing.

it actually sounds pretty good after distortion. but it sounds better before.

Now I really want one. :mad:

audio. right. good luck with that.

i now have the dubious task of putting my board back together. i deliberately got a Pedaltrain Jr (which is a small board) so i would only bring what i need to survive. its physically impossible to get everything on the board. something has to stay home. so we'll see what happens. right now it looks like this:

ooh wah -> pitchfactor + midi mouse -> quasar -> stonebender -> double rocket drive -> tube zone -> prisoner -> tri-boost

the problem is that that's now how they line up on the board. i'll likely take the midi mouse off. i'll have to determine whether or not i bring it to gigs and make it an off-board pedal (like my wah and amp footswitch), or i just forget about it altogether.

Having the smaller board is making me choose smarter. Since the Midi Mouse is probably something you won't need every time I'd probably make it "off-board"

Having the smaller board is making me choose smarter. Since the Midi Mouse is probably something you won't need every time I'd probably make it "off-board"

i'm thinking about forgetting it altogether. if i'm not using it, that likely means i'm at a gig and not programming the thing. so using it to scroll through presets really doesn't do me any good.

i actually figured out a way to get both the Pitchfactor and the TZF on the board. but that would require an additional board with 3 expression pedals and the MM to get all the functionality that they offer with the minimal setup. i would consider it if we were playing 3 sets. but for 45 minutes? forget it.

and despite all of this, i'm going to a jam tomorrow and bringing my PRS, tuner, and a distortion pedal.

Back