COMPLETELY out of character, and my usual comfort zone

20160429_190222.jpg

So, yeah - never in a million years would I have gotten anything resembling a Jem - I mean, I like rounder, beefy necks, and don't care much for locking trems, and let's not even talk about monkey grips, or the fact that this is a "shredder" guitar. Thing is, though, lately left hand has been responding better to wider, flatter necks, as I have a tendency to grip a rounder neck tight, and that works against my slowly advancing age-related stiffness...

I have had quite a bit of fun playing this thing - and I havn't even set it up or restrung it, yet. Build is really good, less a couple of rough spots in the monkey grip, and a possibly high 6th fret that I'll knock down. The hardware is a smoke tint, and looks really cool and subdued. I will probably replace the neck pickup, as it is quite overwound and not very sweet clean - I may put a Jazz with a coil tap in there.

Not that those fit me either, but I have always wanted one of those monkey grip guitars. I may have to snag one once we move since they are only a few bills.

Cool! I will have to try another one. First one I tried was a dud, and I really wanted to like it. Congrats!

Back