Coming in November, this one goes to 11.

Now you will never get to Pragestock.

Congrats, though.

Actually, it's more possible now than before. I'll be leaving the music school at the end of the year. That extra day of work per week just isn't sustainable with a child. My difficulty getting away has always been taking off and missing lessons. One weekend a year should be ok. So I'll see you in 2015. Besides, I'll need to get away by then. :grin:

Help!I'maPebble!

:thu:

:lol:

Actually, if it's a girl....

155px-Pebbles_Flintstone.png

So, will you be buying a car now? :embarrassed:

Maybe. Wife is determined not to. It costs $300 a month to park in the lot down the block, or deal with alternate side of the street parking every day. I think we end up with one eventually. But we'll see.

Yikes. Sounds like if it can be avoided, do so. :grin:

We live around the corner from the subway. We both have a reverse commute, working further out in Queens instead of in Manhattan. So there's fewer people on the trains during rush hour. But there's still few things worse than a crying baby on a subway platform when it's 100 degrees down there. It happened this morning and fortunately, it was somebody else's kid. So I put on my headphones and no more crying baby. But I don't think others will take too kindly to me putting on headphones while my own kid screams. So a car is likely inevitable.

Reactions: Tig
We live around the corner from the subway. We both have a reverse commute, working further out in Queens instead of in Manhattan. So there's fewer people on the trains during rush hour. But there's still few things worse than a crying baby on a subway platform when it's 100 degrees down there. It happened this morning and fortunately, it was somebody else's kid. So I put on my headphones and no more crying baby. But I don't think others will take too kindly to me putting on headphones while my own kid screams. So a car is likely inevitable.
Lemme tell you from personal experience... All that's goo goo ga ga bullshit doesn't help. I've always talked to my awesome little spawn like he's a real person.

What did help when he was crying was motion. Move the stroller back and forth. Swing the carrier a little. Walk around in circles if you're confined to a certain spot.

Always drives me nuts when I see a baby crying its face off like Satan crawled up its butthole and the parent is all goo goo ga ga while leaving the baby completely motionless.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tig
Lemme tell you from personal experience... All that's goo goo ga ga bullshit doesn't help. I've always talked to my awesome little spawn like he's a real person.

What did help when he was crying was motion. Move the stroller back and forth. Swing the carrier a little. Walk around in circles if you're confined to a certain spot.

Always drives me nuts when I see a baby crying its face off like Satan crawled up its butthole and the parent is all goo goo ga ga while leaving the baby completely motionless.

+1

Maybe. Wife is determined not to. It costs $300 a month to park in the lot down the block, or deal with alternate side of the street parking every day. I think we end up with one eventually. But we'll see.
Having a car in the city is a pain in the ass. When I lived in downtown Baltimore my insurance rates would have been outrageous and parking would cost almost as much as rent. I had the advantage of working for the transit company and rode public transportation for free, but even if I payed it was far cheaper than having a car. If I really needed a car for a special occasion I would rent one.

I agree about keeping the kid moving, that always helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Over the next couple months, don't hesitate to ask for help/advice. You are going to need it. You'll do fine with the Dad stuff, it all really does fall into place. The most important advice I can give you is, pregnant women have no sense of humor.

Over the next couple months, don't hesitate to ask for help/advice. You are going to need it. You'll do fine with the Dad stuff, it all really does fall into place. The most important advice I can give you is, pregnant women have no sense of humor.
My wife doesn't have a sense of humor to begin with... So that didn't change. LOL

What did change, though, is that she developed a Chipotle addiction that matched mine. DANCING-banana

I think I've got more free time with the baby (now one year old) than I did before. I've prioritized out a lot of the time wasting I did, I use the free time I get like it's a precious resource, and you're able to cop out of a lot of idle time with the baby ("Hey, man, can you help me move this Saturday?" "Honey, let's go sit at my friends house for 6 hours so I can drink wine and you can talk with the husbands about your routes to work"). If Pragestock is something you want to do, it'll happen.

I think I've got more free time with the baby (now one year old) than I did before. I've prioritized out a lot of the time wasting I did, I use the free time I get like it's a precious resource, and you're able to cop out of a lot of idle time with the baby ("Hey, man, can you help me move this Saturday?" "Honey, let's go sit at my friends house for 6 hours so I can drink wine and you can talk with the husbands about your routes to work"). If Pragestock is something you want to do, it'll happen.

You do have to be disciplined about your free time, but it still exists.

Back