Achtung! Comic book movies and comic books thread!!

I didn't realize they had been around that long.

It wasn't as big as it is now. My friend wanted to draw for DC. I wanted to draw for Last Gasp. I am more into the 60s undergound comix than any other. I was able to show them some stuff but never got garnered any interest. But I did get to meet Spain, Rick Griffin, S. Clay Wilson and the publisher whose name I forget. Also got to see Stan Lee, B. Kliban and Victor Moscoso speak. And these names probably mean squat to anybody but Mr. Blanchard.

I still have the convention book from the 1980 show.

Dark Knight Rises premieres the night before I leave for Pragestock!!!! :love::love: I might be a little tired when I get there. :embarrassed:

I largely consider myself more of a Marvel fan, but I love Batman and a lot of the Vertigo line, which is of course DC. :confused: I love everything Neil Gaiman has done and was really into the first 100 issues or so of Hellblazer. I have most of the Ultimate X-men TPBs, plus reprints of the classic X-men, Spider-man, and Iron Man books. I don't have any figurines,but I did buy Ginsberg a Hulk dog to pack and kept the plush Hulk for myself. :grin:

:rolleyes:

Why not have something that embraces all kinds of bots? Robby, Iron Giant, and Mazinga are way cooler than any of those Go-Bots. :tongue:

Those are offensive to the Transformer Product line. I did see some stray stuff back when but the Botcon convention was dedicated to Transformers only.

Go bots should not be anywhere! there like the nicleback of robots

See Bigsbyboy get it!

Wow, and I thought I was a huge nerd. :embarrassed:

That's whats cool about having kids (well 1 kid in my situation). I had a chance to relive the child that I never got :thu:

Yeah kids are the gateway to playing with toys again and buying comic books! It's awesome... Now if i can only talk my wife into haveing sex with me while im wearing an ironman mask ill be all set!

You will never get me, kid pusher!

This only applied to my situation, I never asked you why you don't have children :grin:

In fact I made an error in my post, it should have read:

I had a chance to relive the childhood that I never got :thu:

When Transformers came out, I was already in my late teens and all my small income went to music related items and not toys - standard college days. Having my son gave me an excuse to buy the stuff to play with without mama looking at me strangely for doing so.

Oh yeah I forgot to that when I was 20 and working in a music store in our local mall, I saw a kid with one of the Dynobots and asked him if I could take a look at it. He looked at me funny and said: "Aren't you a little old to be playing with toys?" :lol:

OK, I'm here to shit on everyone's day. I don't get the comic book stuff. Really I don't. I read the comic books when I was a kid (X-Men was my favorite title), but I stopped around tenth or eleventh grade. I don't get the adults who are into Hello Kitty stuff or dressing up like stuffed animals, either.

OK, I'm here to shit on everyone's day. I don't get the comic book stuff. Really I don't. I read the comic books when I was a kid (X-Men was my favorite title), but I stopped around tenth or eleventh grade. I don't get the adults who are into Hello Kitty stuff or dressing up like stuffed animals, either.

For me there was a clear line, the day i bought my first Hot Rod magazine was the end of my comic days.

That said, i have saved all my comics. I should dig through them, i bet some are worth something.

For me there was a clear line, the day i bought my first Hot Rod magazine was the end of my comic days.

That said, i have saved all my comics. I should dig through them, i bet some are worth something.

Oh, yeah, don't get me wrong. I have all my comics (except for the ones I sold in college). I didn't burn them in a fit of shame. :grin:

Thank You! I don't get it either. While I have my Transformer fetish, I have no desire to dress up as one or any of that stuff.

For me it was Guitar Player in the 70's. My brother bought the Hot Rod mags which kept my cost down.

Oh, yeah, don't get me wrong. I have all my comics (except for the ones I sold in college). I didn't burn them in a fit of shame. :grin:

Lucky, my mom gave them away :facepalm:

When I was kid, I never really got into the superhero stuff. I liked comics/funnies. Charlie Brown. Then I was really into Mad Magazine. In High School, I got into the undergrounds: R. Crumb et al. I had a boatload of undergrounds that got ripped off out of my moving truck while I was moving.

Back