WTF: Come on in, help yourself to anything you like

OGG

Master of the Meh
From the "You can't make this shit up" files:

I just came home from dropping kids off at school to find BOTH front doors of the house WIDE OPEN. Yup, the very day after the garage door debacle, whomever was the last kid out of the house today couldn't be arsed to close either the main door or the security screen behind them.

Gebus Phok!

Sadly, I'm less concerned with the possibility of getting ripped off, than I am in having to deal with whatever wild animal may have decided to stroll on in and cop a squat under a piece of furniture.

Oh, what do we have here?

Is it a skunk? A raccoon? How about a nice big Diamond Back Rattler trying to get out of the rain? Possums? Did a coyote take a shit in the kitchen? Is that a fucking owl in the Gawddamned tree in my front room?

Fuck's sake man!

Was this house built on an ancient Indian burial ground? Stay away from the TV. You're so fucked.
He he. Just watched that movie the other night. My daughter recently got into horror movies. Go figure. Anyway, it freaked her the fuck out! :)

I watched that movie in the theater when it came out, by myself, several times. I think I was 10 or 11? Scared the piss out of me, but I couldn't get enough. Plus, Craig T. Nelson was in it and he is a super cool dude. I got to hang out with him the year before Poltergeist when I did a movie with him, Valerie Bertinelli, Shelly Long and Jameson Parker. I would eat lunch with him every day I was there, and he was like a crazy uncle. Always funny, always had a story. He was great. So too was Valerie. Super nice and oh my did I have a mad crush on her!

He he. Just watched that movie the other night. My daughter recently got into horror movies. Go figure. Anyway, it freaked her the fuck out! :)

I watched that movie in the theater when it came out, by myself, several times. I think I was 10 or 11? Scared the piss out of me, but I couldn't get enough. Plus, Craig T. Nelson was in it and he is a super cool dude. I got to hang out with him the year before Poltergeist when I did a movie with him, Valerie Bertinelli, Shelly Long and Jameson Parker. I would eat lunch with him every day I was there, and he was like a crazy uncle. Always funny, always had a story. He was great. So too was Valerie. Super nice and oh my did I have a mad crush on her!

Wait, you were in movies? I think I need to hear about this.

Wait, you were in movies? I think I need to hear about this.
Meh, that's Jammity's territory. It ain't that impressive, but yes. I did some movies and TV shows for many years when I was younger. I think my last appearance was in a USA Network movie about Moby Dick starring Patrick Stewart. That was a big upgrade from shooting episodes of Renegade with Lorenzo Lamas. That (made for TV) movie with Valerie was my first. It was pretty damn awesome telling my punk - ass friends I wasn't in school that week because I shooting a movie with the chic from One Day at a Time and the dude from Simon and Simon :) Shelly Long was a virtual nobody at the time. It was just a very short time later that she landed her role on Cheers.

My first day on the set, it's early in the morning and we're filming a scene on the airfield at Camp Pendleton. I am just looking around in stunned awe. Out of nowhere, Ms. Bertinelli walks up and says "Hi, I'm Valerie. What's your name?"

After somehow managing to stammer out a response, she says "hey! Do you like donuts? There's a big table full of every kind of donut you could imagine right over there. Come on, come have a donut with me!". Then she grabbed my hand and led me to the Holy mountain of doughy goodness. I felt like the king of the universe :)

Meh, that's Jammity's territory. It ain't that impressive, but yes. I did some movies and TV shows for many years when I was younger. I think my last appearance was in a USA Network movie about Moby Dick starring Patrick Stewart. That was a big upgrade from shooting episodes of Renegade with Lorenzo Lamas. That (made for TV) movie with Valerie was my first. It was pretty damn awesome telling my punk - ass friends I wasn't in school that week because I shooting a movie with the chic from One Day at a Time and the dude from Simon and Simon :) Shelly Long was a virtual nobody at the time. It was just a very short time later that she landed her role on Cheers.

My first day on the set, it's early in the morning and we're filming a scene on the airfield at Camp Pendleton. I am just looking around in stunned awe. Out of nowhere, Ms. Bertinelli walks up and says "Hi, I'm Valerie. What's your name?"

After somehow managing to stammer out a response, she says "hey! Do you like donuts? There's a big table full of every kind of donut you could imagine right over there. Come on, come have a donut with me!". Then she grabbed my hand and led me to the Holy mountain of doughy goodness. I felt like the king of the universe :)

I started hearing a wah wah guitar fade in at about "there's a big table." I have the disappointed.

So you were the one responsible for her weight gain in the 90s. Enabler!

Back