Coldest, wettest summer on record

sorry, Rev....but i am quite enjoying this summer.....last summer we were over a hundred multiple times, and i just can't get the a/c to get the apartment below 88 in that kind of heat. i'll take the cooler temps.......at least it's not 22° below zero....like last winter.

sorry, Rev....but i am quite enjoying this summer.....last summer we were over a hundred multiple times, and i just can't get the a/c to get the apartment below 88 in that kind of heat. i'll take the cooler temps.......at least it's not 22° below zero....like last winter.
I can understand about the A/C, but to me this is perpetual fall. Checked the temp on my pool this morning, 74 degrees. Disgusting. I was 50 degrees last night. How do I check to make sure I'm actually alive and didn't die and go to hell without anyone telling me it happened.

More rain and cool temps today.
Sorry about your swimming plight, Rev, but I'm loving it. To me, anything above 85 sucks.

It's currently 96 and humid like Houston...

It sucks, and will get worse over the weekend. Higher temps and thunderstorms predicted.

I could've stayed in Florida for this shit.

I spend half of the year being more than miserable and looking forward to summer. This summer is the weather equivalent of being left with blue balls.
Problem is here, and especially out at my property in the western part of the state, highs often run well over 100 and it can be 95 degrees at midnight. That's the stuff that wears me down.
St. Louis wasn't quite so bad because it would generally cool off when the sun went down. Here, it just doesn't end. It gets old.

I'm glad I got AC in my house this year. After that freak heat wave we had in May I knew it was going to be hot this summer. It appears our friends in the middle and eastern parts of the country are experiencing the kind of summer we had in San Diego last year.

I do hope we have a wet winter. In my experience when we get really hot summers like this, it leads to a wet winter, so let's hope that pattern holds true.

Reactions: OGG
I can understand about the A/C, but to me this is perpetual fall. Checked the temp on my pool this morning, 74 degrees. Disgusting. I was 50 degrees last night. How do I check to make sure I'm actually alive and didn't die and go to hell without anyone telling me it happened.

well.....i think if you died and went to hell.....you would know it because it would be a heck of a lot hotter than it is right now rotflmao

We had temps up over 100 here in Hailey in the last couple weeks, then over 90 for too long. Too hot, and very dry. Yesterday was the first real rain in months. We apparently did not get the colder/wetter memo here. 80 - 85 is ok in the mountains, with temps in the 50's at night. But no more.

Back