Coffee: Whatcha Drinkin?

Wow. I wouldnt have taken this group for coffee cork sniffers. And I mean that in a good way. I love the idea of fresh ground exotic coffees but far too lazy. We have a Keurig at home and I like it. Most of the different flavors I have tried have been very good and mine makes it hot like lava. As for being responsible, we only use it on the weekend and have a cup each. At work it is whatever they buy but I very responsibly drink from my own cup and not disposeable paper cups. :)

How much effort is involved in scooping a grinder lid of beans, grinding them and putting them in a mr. coffee maker ?

Today I bought this:
chock-full-o-nuts.jpg

I don't know why, I've had before a long time ago, I guess I thought it was good then.

I bought that too! And I put it in a Melita Coffee gizmo that sits on top of the coffee cut.
I drop in a filter, add coffee and pour boiling water through it.
Amazing frickin' coffee!

Ready for the weekend. . . although will probably do another batch tomorrow night for sharing :embarrassed:

uploadfromtaptalk1430373732368.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1430373767426.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1430373794360.jpg

How much effort is involved in scooping a grinder lid of beans, grinding them and putting them in a mr. coffee maker ?

It's not so much the grinding and putting in the coffee machine. It's like anything else I decided to get involved with. I would end up obsessing about every aspect of coffee and I dont have the energy for additional obsessions right now. Just like I don't "get" the subtleties of various boutique amps like the fellas at TGP, I am fine with just a cup of coffee.

You roast 'em yourself Punchy? That's pretty cool.

As with all good hobbies, it started with somebody passing on some used equipment and some knowledge - @Lerxst got me started.

The hand grinder and Aeropress I use to make each cup does add to the work involved, though. It's the process, plus the finished product. 'Course, at work I drink the same Folgers swill as everybody else because it's free and it's there :tongue:

We have a Nespresso machine at work, like a Keurig, and my boss keeps a stock of about 16 varieties in our kitchen. It's a perk that doesn't perk.

As with all good hobbies, it started with somebody passing on some used equipment and some knowledge - @Lerxst got me started.

The hand grinder and Aeropress I use to make each cup does add to the work involved, though. It's the process, plus the finished product. 'Course, at work I drink the same Folgers swill as everybody else because it's free and it's there :tongue:
I'm the same way; at home we have all home roasted coffee but outside of that, I'll drink just about any coffee offered

Back