Coffee: Whatcha Drinkin?

81741-ethiopian-coffee.jpg

Just finished the Peets Major Dickason, so I'm onto this.

Of course, since I decided I liked that one, they don't have any more :cry:
I usually try to order about 12-14 pounds per so I typically wind up with a few varieties that I wouldn't try otherwise. Found some great stuff I wouldn't have bothered with.

Never tried a Keurig. Anyone care to compare Keurig concentrate to fresh ground beans ? I can't imagine it would even be close.

For the Keurig coffee maker, I've been using Gloria Jeans Hazelnut and Folgers Gourmet Selections Vanilla Biscotti.

But if I use the drip coffee maker, then it's Folger's French Vanilla (this one's my sister-in-law's fault for introducing me to it).

Never tried a Keurig. Anyone care to compare Keurig concentrate to fresh ground beans ? I can't imagine it would even be close.

Take your favorite beans and grind 1/3 the amount you normally would. Then stick that in a freeze dryer, and dispense it into a tiny plastic cup, sealed, but still with air inside it so the ground beans can go stale. Brew with warm, but not quite hot water until you have enough for 8oz. Throw away significant amount of packaging for shipment to Staten Island.

That is my Keurig experience. YMMV.

Take your favorite beans and grind 1/3 the amount you normally would. Then stick that in a freeze dryer, and dispense it into a tiny plastic cup, sealed, but still with air inside it so the ground beans can go stale. Brew with warm, but not quite hot water until you have enough for 8oz. Throw away significant amount of packaging for shipment to Staten Island.

I wouldn't say it's quite that bad…except for the Staten Island thing.

My high school buddy in Wisconsin has one, the couple of times I've been over to his house is the only times I've had coffee from a Keurig.

His, anyways, comes out fairly hot. The coffee tastes alright too. He & his wife drink coffee, but my buddy likes dark roast, and his wife doesn't. Works out well for them as they can both have what they want within minutes.

But yeah, those disposable cups add up after awhile :(

At work, we have a keurig machine (not for long -- I'm trying to get them to dump it for something more responsible), and I usually make a blend of these two:

colombian-fair-trade-select-coffee-gmc-k-cup_en_pdp
81R87SfrhBL._SX425_.jpg

Pretty much what I figured. Thanks.

I fear my coffee-drinking days are coming to an end. Nowadays I have one 12-ounce coffee in the morning; lately it has been bothering my stomach. I may switch to a cup of tea, at least to ween myself off caffeine. I drink my tea like my coffee - nothing in it. I have never been a coffee snob, though, and Starbucks has always killed my stomach.

Back