Coffee frustrations

Its even worse in Australia as all of their coffes have names ( their idea coffe is much more similar to cappuccino than coffee) and they ahd NO idea what i wanted when i asked for just a cup of coffee( cup is small,Mug is Large)
They told me in the future to ask for a Long Black...................yeah thats what she said

There are some awful suggestions in this thread. I make my coffee at home and then bring it with me in a double walled thermos that stays hot all day. Starbucks can fuck right off and Dunkin is going down the tubes again. If you find a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, go in. Otherwise, don't drink shitty coffee.

That's exactly what I do. Brew one pot in the morning and I'm good all day.

Its even worse in Australia as all of their coffes have names ( their idea coffe is much more similar to cappuccino than coffee) and they ahd NO idea what i wanted when i asked for just a cup of coffee( cup is small,Mug is Large)
They told me in the future to ask for a Long Black...................yeah thats what she said

tumblr_lmxkwaenGs1qbe0qwo1_500.png

I'm not a coffee snob. Nor do I go to starbucks or any other coffee place for my morning coffee...not even the cafeteria at work (which also serves SB IIRC). I don't cause I'm cheap and I like my coffee my way. I have a $4 drip coffee maker that I had for a few year, buy 200 filters from the dollar store and get French roast in a 3 lb bag from Costco and I make strong coffee since I don't like the way coffee is made in the US at most places as it is far too weak for me. There may be somewhat better options but not much cheaper and it's good enough for me

I need a better grinder than the shitty blade one I have to use my French Press. But with the right grind, there's no better coffee.

I have a pretty inexpensive burr grinder from Capresso that was about 40-50 bucks...it's ok but if I were buying again, I'd pick one that's 1) less maintenance intensive 2) doesn't blow coffee all over the place and 3) is much more quiet.

I'm lucky in that there isn't much in the coffee line that I am snobbish about. I can drink just about any coffee other than instant.

Just don't try to put cream or sweetener in it...

I need a better grinder than the shitty blade one I have to use my French Press. But with the right grind, there's no better coffee.
Yeah, my first was a blade grinder, and it was just hopeless for anything beyond finely ground stuff. Bought a Wilfa CGR-1 (the model is also produced by other companies under a different name), and it works perfectly. Also got a Bodum grinder, but it doesn't really do anything better than the Wilfa, so I'm selling the Bodum.

If I do have to go to Starbucks, I usually opt for an Americano, rather than a coffee, since you don't have to deal with the burnt taste. Still far from an optimal choice.

I have a $20 Mr. Coffee drip machine at home, buy 200 filters at a time from Walmart, and get about a 5 pound can of Folgers House Blend that lasts me a month or two making about 1/2 pot of coffee every morning before work.

Yeah, I'm not a coffee snob, and if I want just a cup of coffee while I'm out and about, I'll get it from McDonalds or something rather than Starbucks. I normally only buy coffee from Starbucks if I have a gift card.

If you like just regular coffee, try the Starbucks new "blonde" roast. It is more of a traditional roast and doesn't have that characteristic "charbucks" flavor.

I have a $20 Mr. Coffee drip machine at home, buy 200 filters at a time from Walmart, and get about a 5 pound can of Folgers House Blend that lasts me a month or two making about 1/2 pot of coffee every morning before work.

Yeah, I'm not a coffee snob, and if I want just a cup of coffee while I'm out and about, I'll get it from McDonalds or something rather than Starbucks. I normally only buy coffee from Starbucks if I have a gift card.
That coffee maker is the savior of Pragestock every morning. That and the powerade stuff you guys mix up.

Mine's a "Monsooned Malabar". It's not great, and the bloom is outrageous, but it gets the job done. Hard to get a hold of good coffee in the shops up here.

I'm beginning to outdated by just using my old drip brewer at home. It ma

Yeah, I'm not a coffee snob...

Whew, I was beginning to think I was the only one left that still used a simple drip coffee maker. This is pretty much my approach too, but I buy the bags of house-brand coffee from Costco or Sam's.

Coffeebeavis0beavis0beavis0beavis0beavis0beavis0beavis0beavis0beavis0
Really coffee tastes pretty bad.It's bitter like it came outta an angry child's diaper.
Grab some Nodoze at a gas station.You'll get that same stimulant effect.

Back