Coffee frustrations

Or there is this:

Mug + water + microwave, nuke the water and dip the bag for 5 minutes.

coffee-folgers-classicroast-singles-regular-box.jpg
You are now officially exposed. I wouldn't serve that to my worst enemy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's not bad in a pinch. I keep a box of it at my mom's house. She doesn't drink coffee at all, and me and a couple of my in-laws drink coffee. So when we have get-togethers, it's that or nothing…

There are some awful suggestions in this thread. I make my coffee at home and then bring it with me in a double walled thermos that stays hot all day. Starbucks can fuck right off and Dunkin is going down the tubes again. If you find a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, go in. Otherwise, don't drink shitty coffee.

I reckon the quickest and most reliable single-cup appliance is the AeroPress. I use it everyday, and I can't give it enough praise. Best filter-style coffee you can get, from my experience.

I just used my aeropress here at work to make a cup of Turkish coffee that someone brought back from who knows where.

It makes a nice cup but it's no where near as neutral as the Chemex I use at home.

I've never had a coffee from a Keurig that wasn't awful. It's probably a little different from using fresh grounds, etc., but it kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?
For the most part, yes. But as I drink decaf, and nobody else in the world seems to, it's handy at the house when we have people over that want to drink the real stuff.

why do people still go to charbucks??

literally some of the worst coffee on the market.

my boss bought a pretty legit espresso machine for our floor and the shots are 50 cents each. makes a damn fine cup and doesn't burn the hell out of it like charbucks does.

on the weekends I grind fresh and french press

paying 4 or 5 bucks for a cup of coffee everyday is just silly.

I like Starbucks coffee, which is a good thing since we don't have any independent shops in Loveland. The closer you get to downtown Cinci the more options you have, with the UC campus being the coffee hotspot. Northside is starting to pickup indies too, because of the hipster gentrification of that area.

My Keurig gets a lot of use at home, and I have a new reusable filter so I can use some other blends.

This is the #1 Starbucks-related pet peeve I have. A cup of plain black coffee doesn't cost that much. A plain latte or cappuccino doesn't. If you need to add a whole bunch of syrups or have a Frappucino, it's a different story, but for just basic coffee, it's comparable to anywhere else. Except gas station sludge.

My girlfriend loves starbucks, one drink specifically, an abomination of espresso and ice and milk and caramel. It's like $7 for a large.

I'll drink their coffee, but i'd rather go out of my way to go to a local place that does it better.

on the weekends I grind fresh and french press

Regular black coffee is $2. I normally use my French press everyday but as I said my wife broke it.

I won't go there simply because they don't know the words "large coffee, black." Fuck them. I'm not using a translator to order joe.

Reactions: Tig
Regular black coffee is $2. I normally use my French press everyday but as I said my wife broke it.

I am notorious for breaking them. I ended up having around 5 of them at one point and various extra plungers.
I have to find out where my cousin go hers. It's a nice big stainless steel dealy. I think you would have to run it over with a semi truck to render it useless.

I won't use a Keurig. It's too wasteful and too expensive. At home I have an espresso machine and a French press. I bought a double wall stainless French press that it unbreakable and keeps the coffee hot. More often than not, I'll just keep pressing the button on the espresso machine until the cup is full.

As for Starbucks, I agree that they need a line for just coffee during rush periods. It always pisses me off when someone in front of me orders a drink that is overly complex.

Our Folgers drip at work is better than Starbucks black coffee.

That being said, when I make coffee at home it's Bad Ass from Maui, or Kauai Coffee Co :lol:

I need to get back in the habit. Need to get a thermos. I would drink way too much, then. :embarrassed:

I am not a Starbucks fan, but the ones I have been in, someone takes your order and a barista fills it. While it might take a few more seconds for someone to give their complicated order, I don't have to wait for it to be filled to get my black coffee.

I prefer to get my coffee elsewhere, but my local independent coffeeshop closed last year; not many espresso drinkers in Warren, MA. :rolleyes:

Back