Coffee frustrations

reverend1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Starbucks needs a separate line for those of us who just want coffee flavored coffee.

I always end up stuck behind 10 people who order all this ridiculous crap that takes five minutes to make. All I want is a large black cup of coffee, it takes ten seconds.

If you need a double half caf skinny Carmel crapacinno with chocolate sprinkles, cinnamon, and unicorn dust...

1.get out of the way

2. Just drink milk, you don't like coffee anyway

3. I haven't had my coffee yet, I might just slap you.

End of rant/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starbucks needs a separate line for those of us who just want coffee flavored coffee.

Agreed! I just like plain coffee, black, and have the same issue.

When I go with my wife though I'm hosed either way, because she is one of the complicated orderers.

One one hand, no frappachino madness at the gas station
OTOH, no college girls in their yoga pants, uggs and northface
True, but it was brewed three hours ago an been simmering on a warmer. Not to mention it was probably secretly replaced with Folgers Crystals.

I don't drink coffee. I have never even tasted it. My wife drinks it and sometime she sends me to Starbucks to get her something and she looks at me when I tell her I can't remember her order she needs to write it down. Why do they have to be asshats and not just call them small, medium and large? I don't think I need to learn a foreign language to order a coffee. :grin:

the Shell station in the small town where I work has excellent coffee. I daresay it's better than the Starbucks in Battle Creek, for just a regular cup of coffee.

The Shell station in the small town where I live, however…..

:chow:

I boggles me how they can mess up a simple pot of coffee. The most vile-tasting coffee I've ever had, I think. I wonder if it's the water they use?

3 minutes...
images

And save even more using your own favorite ground coffee with a reusable filter.
KRG-LG-MYKCUPFILTER.jpg

I've only had poor experience with regular black coffee at Starbucks. Boiling hot, gigantic Americanos with the coffee aroma suspiciously absent.

This is from Starbucks in Berlin, Barcelona and at the Oslo Airport. Same crap all over.

3 minutes...
images

And save even more using your own favorite ground coffee with a reusable filter.
KRG-LG-MYKCUPFILTER.jpg
I have one of those. It's ok. The bigger issue is Mrs. Rev broke my French Press last week.

Btw the you fill your own deals just don't taste right to me.

I don't drink coffee. I have never even tasted it. My wife drinks it and sometime she sends me to Starbucks to get her something and she looks at me when I tell her I can't remember her order she needs to write it down. Why do they have to be asshats and not just call them small, medium and large? I don't think I need to learn a foreign language to order a coffee. :grin:
I just say large I refuse to use their stupid words too.

You want frustrated? I haven't had caffeine in 15 years. That's frustration, my friend.

But yeah, I agree that there should be two lines. I've never thought about that, actually. It's a good idea. I still drink decaf, so I have to deal with it too.

I always think of this song on the rare occasion that I venture into Starbucks. I agree with you guys, I just want a simple cup of coffee...

Well I went down to the local coffee store
The menu went from the ceiling all the way down to the floor
Decaf, cappuccino, or latte said the cashier
I said gimme a small cup of coffee and let me get the hell up outta here

Or there is this:

Mug + water + microwave, nuke the water and dip the bag for 5 minutes.

coffee-folgers-classicroast-singles-regular-box.jpg

I reckon the quickest and most reliable single-cup appliance is the AeroPress. I use it everyday, and I can't give it enough praise. Best filter-style coffee you can get, from my experience.

Back