Clean your range hood!

jp_nyc

Kick Henry Jackassowski
A previous owner of my home added an industrial range hood to the kitchen. Tonight I found out that I’m probably the first person to ever clean it. I popped off the bottom to give it a cleaning and there were several cups of liquid fat inside. I was a few meals away from a monster grease fire that would have burned down the house. I have no idea how many years it’s been since that thing was degreased, but definitely too many.

Some people are born to complain....

We get used to those people and usually dump them....................

Just be careful what hoods on the range you're calling dirty...

herd-of-cows.jpg

Yeah, I had to remove one at the weekend. Not industrial, but still a decent size. I had to be very careful removing it without tilting it to either side lest the decade of cockroach shit fall all over me. Ahh, the joys of living in Taiwan.

Oh boy. That brings back memories of my restaurant days.

Fur sure. I was dumping gallons of that crap every week. I don't think I ever emptied one of those bins without getting grease all over me. After that, you could never wash that smell out.

One of the very few things that makes me gag is food grease. I hate cleaning up even small amounts of it.

I'll eat almost anything and virtually no smells bother me, but for some reason grease does.

Back