CL Dumble!

So do they still make these things? I've heard the crystal lattice malarky, but are these things really that good or was this guy a marketing genius?

So do they still make these things? I've heard the crystal lattice malarky, but are these things really that good or was this guy a marketing genius?

Oh they sound really good and at the time had the guitar world lining up. But the $80K is a collectors thing. No amp is worth that money.....not even close to that amount.

Oh they sound really good and at the time had the guitar world lining up. But the $80K is a collectors thing. No amp is worth that money.....not even close to that amount.
KWS made a big deal out of recording his last album "How I Go" with one. I liked the album, but I can say the guitars sounded any different than his others. :shrug:

KWS made a big deal out of recording his last album "How I Go" with one. I liked the album, but I can say the guitars sounded any different than his others. :shrug:

That's because you didn't listen to it with crystal lattice level reference monitors and headphones.

EDIT: I forgot to mention you'll need to replace all your power cords, too. thwap0
pac11a.jpg

listen to hill street blues, magnum PI, the A-team...mike post's go-to session guy used a dumble on all those show themes.

Yeah he does. No to the Crystal Lattice. Dumble as far as I know is a one man operation. You are now interviewed to see if you are worthy of ordering an amp and if you pass, you are placed on a waiting list. Last I heard the list is over 2 years. When I was interested back in the 80's, the waiting list was 6 months with no interview. From what I also heard, you do sign a waiver stating that if you sell your amp, you need Dumble's approval.

Please note that back in the late 70's, Mesa/Boogie had a minimum 3 month waiting list and 50% deposit for your amp to be built. While Dumble's rules have changed, it is no different from what custom amps were like back in the early 70's.

I don't know what the wait time was for on a Trainwreck but Ken Fischer was totally OSSUM! If it wasn't for his health, I would be a proud owner of Trainwreck as I corresponded with him for a while. RIP Ken!

I'd prefer the MojoHand DMBL for $179. I'm not sure what to do with the other $79,821, though.
Unlike most Dumble in a box pedals, this one isn't focused solely on the high gain spectrum.
http://tonereport.com/reviews/mojohandfx-dmbl
mojodmbl1.png

Ah, the Simble overdrive from Mad Professor might be worth a look as well.
Here are several demo's including a head to head against a real Dumble:
http://www.simbletone.com/

simble-tone.jpg

You can add these two as well...Fuchs Plush Drive

Fuchs-Plush-Drive-01-620x520.jpg

and a Zendrive

hermida-audio-zendrive-373146.jpg

Reactions: Tig
Back