Chorus Pedals! Tell me about yours!

it's the same as on an amp. it required more juice to provide a clean signal. TGPers talk about running distortion pedals at 18v all the time. which makes no sense at all, because they're supposed to distort, not provide clean headroom. at the same time, a pedal like the EHX Frequency Analyzer (ring mod) sounds so good because it runs at 40v. its about what the circuit requires.

I had just never heard of it used with a pedal before. When I was at the university to learn electrical engineering, I was very interested in making effects. The professors would not even answer questions regarding signal mods (the bastards!). They thought I was wasting my time.....and I was, but they could have at least answered a few. I built my first distortion box in 1988. It was a lot of fun. I thought everything ran on 9v.

I found a Craig Anderton guitar effect book in the library. It had never been checked out. I wore it out. I did not have pre-formed circuit boards. I started with bread boards and tested, then kept radio shack hot for the little hobby circuit boards.

Last edited:
Back