Chord chart/lyrics software recommendation

rickenvox

Animal Psychic
Hey peoples - I'm looking for some simple, preferably free or reasonable, software for simply typing in lyrics and putting little chord diagrams above the lines. Something that will let me create my own chords - nothing pre-fab. I'm not looking for notation or tabulature functionality or anything that transcribes. I just want to type the lyrics and chords. I would use MS Word but I want a pretty chord diagram that I can place the dots on.

Anything like that out there?

Not sure. We use Onsong, but there are no chord diagrams.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453968166.464838.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453968180.028415.jpg

Guitar Pro 6 will do diagrams but you need to put notation or tab in. Let me look at some other stuff I have....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use Onsong as well but do not use the chord "Diagram" function. However if you did, you need to put the chords in as noted on Mark's pic. Then turn the chord display in the Style Preferences.

I did it on After Midnight for you. Chords are in the verses and chorus but I turned the display function on for you so you can see.

image.jpeg

thanks guys, I'll check it out. Doesn't look quite like what I'm looking for but maybe it will work. I was also going to try just building a reusable chord diagram in Visio. Maybe I need to create one as an iPhone app and sell it.

Back