Chinese and Indian food buffets are awesome except for:

Dudeman1967

blah, blah, blah...
shitty desserts

I've been to a Chinese buffet and two different Indian food buffets this week and despite the usual over eating and bloating they lack even decent deserts.

Cantalope, grapes, jello, sometimes unripe watermelon, some shitty "frosted", stale oatmeal(?) cookies at the Chinese buffet just don't hit the spot after such a spicy, salty meal. They could at least dip the damn fortune cookies in chocolate. It's all I'm sayin'. I once went to a place with those small cups of ice cream or ice milk but they were freezer burned.

Indian buffet with those donut hole looking things in some kind of sugar water just don't really do the trick either. Rice pudding? No thanks! Just sell me a Snickers or something on my way out the door.

I know chocolate is not part of their usual diet but damn it I live in 'murrica home of gluttony and a rightful fondness for chocolate.

I'm done bitching now. Heading off to the vending machine to buy a candy bar.

Well, if you go to an 'Murrican food buffet you can have shitty food AND shitty deserts.

golden-corral-office.jpg

As for 'good' Chinese buffet, we are spoiled here with Mandarin restaurants.

So much good food and always kept fresh on the buffet lines.

The only problem is getting in and getting a table. It's always packed.

I tried two new (to me) Indian restaurants for lunch this week. Holy crap, they were good. That makes about a half dozen great Indian restaurants close to work. I can feel my waist band getting tighter. Must learn to control myself.

A lot of the Indian buffets I patronize (here in the South SF Bay area) have gajar halwa for dessert, and it don't get much better than that!

gajar-ka-halwa-1024x696.jpg

Back