Childhood Memories

Man, I had all that cool stuff growing up. I can't play video games to save my life, but I can pong a tennis ball with a real racket like nobody's business. lol.

remember this... check out who the kid is. LOL

Estes Rockets anyone? I built several.
Me. Sort of the same experience as with free flight airplanes. A classmate of mine built a weird, squat conical model rocket with long landing legs sort of like the Lunar Module. It was called a Mars Lander or invader or something. It took off, rose about 60 feet and then the flight path became some sort of weird horizontal hieroglyph. Then it plopped to the ground on those shock absorbing legs. Then the parachute deployed.

I had Hot Wheels, and a race track for them, remember always needing more rubber bands to launch them.

Also had SSP Racers. Got the Demolition Derby set for Christmas one year.

What I played with, more than anything though, I was the youngest, so, I'd dump out the toy box, go through the parts, and make my own creations.

Anybody else remember these? The cooker thing was approximate the same temperature as the surface of the sun. One quickly learned to pay attention when using it. I made a ton of bugs with it, though.
CreepyCrawlers2.jpg

Didn't have that, but I did have the Vac-U-Form, which also allowed kids to play with super hot things. I still remember the smell of the melting plastic, which was probably toxic.
MATTEL_VAC-U-FORM_TOY_MAKERS_422_MOLDS_PLASTIC_MAKES_MOST_ANYTHING_BOX_CONTENTS.JPG

Nice to see some toys from my childhood made in into the childhood of younger folks. Lincoln Logs and Erector Sets were a big thing when I was young. (Yes, Lincoln was born before me. :old:)

We used to get one of these in our stocking every Christmas, which led us to believe Santa was a sadistic bastard. He had to know we'd get spanked with it.
24864-sp.jpg

Reactions: Tig
Estes Rockets anyone? I built several.
Oh yeah, me too. Built a Mars Lander with my dad. Truth be known, had it not been for my dad, it probably would have ended up a pile of glue, tubes and balsa wood. Loved launching them, but building them was just as fun.

Back