Chicken & Waffles

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Who here has had them before? I just bought this stuff, and I need ideas on what goes with it.

Eggs? Should they be poached eggs? How about stuffing?

And yeah, fresh waffles would work better, but I don't have a waffle maker :embarrassed:

I make chicken and waffles sometimes. But this looks like fried chicken that's flavored like waffles?

"Waffle Flavored Chicken Breast With Rib Meat Chunk Fritters" :messedup:

FWIW *real* chicken and waffles doesn't appeal to me either. I know waffles are delicious, and fried chicken is delicious. I can even get past the weird breakfast food/not breakfast food combination. It is just such a monster pig-out.

Reactions: Tig
It can't be much worse of a pig out than waffles, eggs, and bacon.

It's a very satisfying salty and sweet combo IMO.

So how would you make them, Jaxn? Just fried chicken on top a waffle?

I've never had 'em before, together, so this is just a trial run with the waffle-flavored chicken chunks and such. If it turns out to be somewhat tasty, then it can be improved upon later.

"Waffle Flavored Chicken Breast With Rib Meat Chunk Fritters" :messedup:

FWIW *real* chicken and waffles doesn't appeal to me either. I know waffles are delicious, and fried chicken is delicious. I can even get past the weird breakfast food/not breakfast food combination. It is just such a monster pig-out.

^This. I guess I'm a meal racist. :embarrassed:

My son started working for Seabrook Waffle Company recently. They specialize in Liege style (cake batter) waffles with all kinds of stuff on top and even sandwich combos (savory waffles).
This looks good:
9569179_orig.jpg

Menu:
7387845_orig.jpg

Last edited:
So how would you make them, Jaxn? Just fried chicken on top a waffle?

I've never had 'em before, together, so this is just a trial run with the waffle-flavored chicken chunks and such. If it turns out to be somewhat tasty, then it can be improved upon later.

That's right. I use a salty, savory marinade with the chicken, coat it in flour, salt, paprika, and pepper, and fry it in a skillet. Then I just make normal buttermilk waffles and serve the chicken on top of the waffles. I like to pour maple syrup over the whole thing, but some people prefer not to.

I've had chicken and waffles in a lot of restaurants, and people get pretty creative with different types of fried chicken and savory waffles, but my favorite so far is the way I make them.

Expect to sleep for hours once consumed.

I coached my son's b-ball team at the YMCA and we experienced the sluggishness. I had a player on the team was a pretty good player with decent footwork and on this day, he moved like slug. He even asked to come out of the game a few times due to exhaustion - this was not normal. After the game was over, I asked him what he had for breakfast. He told me chicken and waffles. Dude - bad mistake - you gotta eat that when you are done. His parents told me it was his choice and they warned him.

Oh major :facepalm:

Expect to sleep for hours once consumed.

I coached my son's b-ball team at the YMCA and we experienced the sluggishness. I had a player on the team was a pretty good player with decent footwork and on this day, he moved like slug. He even asked to come out of the game a few times due to exhaustion - this was not normal. After the game was over, I asked him what he had for breakfast. He told me chicken and waffles. Dude - bad mistake - you gotta eat that when you are done. His parents told me it was his choice and they warned him.

Oh major :facepalm:

I could be wrong, but I don't think Jbird or I are at risk of sluggishness on the basketball court. :grin:

I can't even remember the last time I saw a basketball court in person. :embarrassed:

I love both of those foods, but it'd be hard to combine them in volumes that didn't absolutely ruin my day. Maybe two wings and an eggo-sized waffle. Or maybe I could spend all day shoveling snow and chopping wood, then go for an order of chicken and waffles.

A nice easy way to put them together is with breaded chicken strips.
We get some really nice strips from a local place. Marinated chicken breast strips, seasoned breading. And they're boneless so you can just cut through them and the waffle at the same time and have a bit of both in one bite.
I always put pure maple syrup all over. I'll have a side of bacon with it, of course.

I used to get chicken and waffles at Aunt Sarah's the time when I lived in Charlottesville. They are awesome. It was just a fried chicken breast with a large waffle, bacon and eggs (i get mine scrambled). I was amazingly disappointed in Popeye's chicken and waffles. It was freakin chicken strips with maple syrup flavored dipping sauce.

Back