Achtung! Chicagoans!

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
I will be in Chicago the weekend of August 15th, as I'm doing a Spartan Race in (the relatively nearby) Marseilles. If any of you would be interested in doing the Spartan with me, send me a PM and I can get you information. Otherwise, hopefully I can meet up with some of you for a beer.... and visit CME! :love:

Well, to get to Marseilles you need to go west on I-80, nd my little town is right off 80 on the way to Marseilles (I'm about 25 miles East).

If you want, and my weekend is free (I'll try!), keep in touch :cool:.

ETA: Um, but I don't think I'll be doing the Spartan race :wink:. Also, there's the Warrior Dash right down the road from me in June: https://www.warriordash.com/location/2015-warrior-dash-illinois/ (don't think I'll be doing that one, either :embarrassed: ).

I will definitely be in need of food and beer post race, so if you're around that would be great. Pre-Pragestock get together. Luigi will probably be with me, as will my mum. She volunteered to by my chauffeur because after the race you're so beat you don't want to move. :grin:

But if you do that one with me you might be able to keep up with Greg and Paula and Dave come Pragestock... burning calories means more beer and pepperoni rolls. :embarrassed:

Maybe I should; I haven't posted this yet, but I am well on my way to being in my best shape in about 30 years. Down about 19 pounds so far since the beginning of January. :cool:

Do we get to kill a Helot at the end of the race? :)
Good luck on the run.

What? You don't want to win in snow this year?

I was going to try and do Sprint, Super, and Beast, but I didn't want to travel more than six hours to do any races, so these are the closer dates. If a Beast opens up in the fall, I might go for it.

Never herd of a Spartan race. Please tell me you dress up, and have swords to take out the other racers. I'd drive to Marseilles for that.

Back