Chelsea's

rhino

Kick Henry Jackassowski
This is a song I wrote yesterday about a restaurant/bar/live music venue that closed down a few months ago. I played it at a bar last night that now employees a few people that used to work there. One of them cried, which wasn't what I was going for at all, but she claimed they were good tears.

Chelsea's

Saturday morning
I miss the chicken and biscuits
That was a great way
To slow start a day
Oh Chelsea’s
Why’d you have to go away

During the week
Completely beat
Slide me that tomato basil grilled cheese
Or maybe chicken Florentine
Oh Chelsea’s
I could use something to eat

Cause the beer was cold and the whiskey flowed
Late night we might even catch a show
George Porter Jr to Driving and Crying
If I remembered it all then I’d be lying

Sierra Neveda
Never wanted to work for me
Something about the lines over on side B
Oh Chelsea’s
Never mind, I’ll take a G&T

Thanks Gary. I went to a friends studio and did some 1 and 1 recording. I need to listen back, but I might have started another album. It'll be pretty sparse. Guitar vocal and maybe a fiddle, harmonica, or dobro here and there.

Cool; I'll buy one when it is released.

By the way, you know anyone who plays traditional Cajun guitar/fiddle music?

I do. What are you looking for in particular?
I have a song I wrote about my father, and I want a traditional Cajun backup for it, and I can't get that myself. I was hoping to enlist some folks to record the musical tracks for me. (My father was a Cajun sharecropper prior to going in the army, meeting my mother, and seeing combat. :grin:)

Do you have a copy of the song you can send me?

I should be able to hook that up for you, not sure when though. Next time I'm in a studio with a fiddle we can cut it and send it your way. Do you have a time frame in mind?

Do you have a copy of the song you can send me?

I should be able to hook that up for you, not sure when though. Next time I'm in a studio with a fiddle we can cut it and send it your way. Do you have a time frame in mind?
No special time frame. I am still trying to get the last CD out. I'll send you a rough draft of the song; it is a simple E/B7 two-step.

That's a great problem to have. New stuff coming down the pipe before the last stuff is even out. \m/

That's a great problem to have. New stuff coming down the pipe before the last stuff is even out. \m/
Well, this has been around a while, but I could never quite carry it off. I will probably never be able to do it live, but at least it will come to life.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

I'm glad to be able to contribute. I'm not worried about the "hijack" in the slightest. I'd much rather talk about songs and stuff, then most of the bullshit I do at weiner world. :)

If you have examples of fiddle parts in mind, include the names of those songs as well.

I'm glad to be able to contribute. I'm not worried about the "hijack" in the slightest. I'd much rather talk about songs and stuff, then most of the bullshit I do at weiner world. :)

If you have examples of fiddle parts in mind, include the names of those songs as well.
Doug Kershaw rocks it out, but the intro fiddle here is about what I have in mind, just a bit more in the traditional vein.

Actually, I think I stole that chorus to make my song. :eek:Oh well, I'll call it the folk process. :wink:

Got ya.

I posted this song on another forum and somebody was bothered that it sounded like another song I'd recently done. I didn't even bother responding, but I'll remember "folk process" for next time.

Got ya.

I posted this song on another forum and somebody was bothered that it sounded like another song I'd recently done. I didn't even bother responding, but I'll remember "folk process" for next time.
I feel as though the title song from my new CD, To A Dreamer, sounds a bit like my older song Journey of Life. I should sue myself. :grin:

I think it is hard, in this day and age, to create something really new and different.

King Solomon said it best a long time ago "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."

The people that I know who really obsess about coming up with something really new and different seem to strangle their own creativity. When you spend too much time worrying about whether it's different enough you limit your possibilities. Art should be about creating and not having any limits. Sometimes you just got to write it and move on to the next thing. It'll either be good or it won't.

King Solomon said it best a long time ago "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."

The people that I know who really obsess about coming up with something really new and different seem to strangle their own creativity. When you spend too much time worrying about whether it's different enough you limit your possibilities. Art should be about creating and not having any limits. Sometimes you just got to write it and move on to the next thing. It'll either be good or it won't.
Well said.

Back