Cheddar jalapeño crisps

dodgechargerfan

CanadianGary
Administrator
WANT! Such a simple idea, too.

Jalapeño Cheddar Crisps

image.jpeg

Just starting a low-carb diet? Well this recipe, is one solution.
If you want less kick, de-seed the jalapenos first!!

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
1 medium jalapeño, sliced real thin

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350º. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a metal cookie sheet. DO NOT use a silicone/silpat sheet, waxed paper or foil (unless it’s the special non-stick foil) to bake these or they will not cook properly. Using a tablespoon, scoop up 1 T. of cheese and make a small pile on the parchment. Press it slightly flat. Repeat 15 more times. Place a slice of jalapeño on top of each pile. Pop into 350º oven for about 10-12 minutes. I would recommend browning them a little bit more than shown in the photo for a firmer snack to serve at parties. These are somewhat pliable if under browned. Allow them to completely cool and fully firm up before removing from the pan for best results.

Nutritional Info: Makes 16, each contains:
25.5 calories
2.13 g fat
0.10 g carbs, 0.02 g fiber, 0.08 g NET CARBS

Yummy.

I recently discovered that our keyboard player's nickname back home is "Halipenyo"...

I think he would approve.

80b1803339510451c072113852c02e5c.gif

Substitute a young cheddar instead.

You want a young, or mild, cheddar because it will melt better.
Old cheddar tends to crumble more and will dry out too much in this recipe.

I'm definitely gonna try these for tax preparation day (AKA Superbowl Sunday)!

what are you, some kinda overachiever? Tax preparation day is the Sunday after Superbowl Sunday.

Since I live about a half mile (as the crow flies) from Levi's Stadium, I'm anticipating being under house arrest this weekend -- ain't going nowhere!

Since I live about a half mile (as the crow flies) from Levi's Stadium, I'm anticipating being under house arrest this weekend -- ain't going nowhere!

You should go to Cozumel for the weekend, and rent your house out for one meeeelion dollars.

what are you, some kinda overachiever? Tax preparation day is the Sunday after Superbowl Sunday.

I've already got my federal and state accepted but I owed on both :fml:

Those bacon wrapped jalapeenies look awesome!

I love jalepeños, but I rarely eat them because my asshole burns when I poop the next day.

I've already got my federal and state accepted but I owed on both :fml:
owing a little bit is the best outcome - if Uncle Same owes you, that means that Uncle Sam has been earning interest that you could have been.

My recent tradition is to do my taxes in a bar on the last weekend before the 15th. Procrastination and alcohol makes the process a bit less painful.

Back