Number of Frets: 22
Fret Size: Jumbo
Position Inlays: Black Dot Position Inlays
Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
Color: Snakeskin
Pickup Configuration: H/S
Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® custom design Warren DeMartini bridge humbucker
Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Quarter Pound Flat™ SSL-4 Single-Coil Strat® Pickup
Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
Bridge: Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo
Tremolo Arm/Handle: Floyd Rose® Original Tremolo Arm

Unique Features: Custom Designed Seymour Duncan® humbucker, Seymour Duncan® Quarter Pounder in the neck position, alder body, quartersawn rock maple neck with compound radius maple fingerboard and San Dimas® neck backshape, Schaller® machine heads and Original Floyd Rose® tremolo.

1382735001snakefull.jpg

Without the snake skin finish I love that guitar. Even with the snake skin I would totally rock that thing (in a big hair and spandex kind of way).

there is one volume knob and one three-way switch

I can see that now looking at the pic again. I read the specs that said 1 Volume, 1 Tone and thought the switch was the tone control. So basically it's a San Dimas in a snakeskin finish?

Admittedly I lusted after the original snakeskin guitar, but preferred the added neck pup on George Lynch's Kamikaze. I still think it's a great pickup combo, but I'm not into graphic finishes and or Floyd's. I'm not particularly enamored of the dinky super-Strat body either.

I can see that now looking at the pic again. I read the specs that said 1 Volume, 1 Tone and thought the switch was the tone control. So basically it's a San Dimas in a snakeskin finish?

The old Caparison Horus (and I believe the Jackson Falcon that the Horus was based on) only had a volume knob, and you changed between pickups by pushing down on the volume knob. I don't think you could select both pickups, it was just the neck or the bridge only.

But yeah, I'd rock this Charvel :)

It wouldn't be my pick for a finish, but if it played really well, I'd hit it :embarrassed:

Back