Hot or Not? Charvel Super Stock

Muppet

Cat in the Hat
I think I'm in love.
2968000594_frt_wlg_001.png

SUPER STOCK SD1 FR

High performance never looked and sounded so sweet. Charvel’s limited-run Super Stock SD1 FR wraps a radiant Sunset Orange Flake gloss finish around a classic San Dimas® body, lending a brilliant look to a powerful tone machine built for the harder side of rock.

Other premium features include a quartersawn maple neck with an oil finish and comfortable Pro Mod profile, fast and smooth compound-radius maple fingerboard (12”-16”) with 22 jumbo frets, Seymour Duncan® ’59 (neck) and JB™ (bridge) humbucking pickups with cream bezels, three-position chrome-tip toggle pickup switch and single knurled control knob (master volume), top-mount Floyd Rose® FRT-O1000 double-locking tremolo bridge and locking nut, and non-locking Charvel tuners.

Any non-sparkling finish and Strat trem and I'm in. As is is a massive pass.

Might as well throw a tone knob on there two, as I am among the group that uses them.

Yep. 'Tis hot.

I think Prages has a similar tangerine superstrat that is a warmth build.

Not my thing - but lose the FR and replace the JB with something else and I would rock it mightily.

Wow, looks to be around a grand street price. Here is an angle where you can see the metallic finish sparkle a bit better, or worse, depending on your take on the finish.

DSCN3630__15129.1409821217.1280.1280.JPG

Looks like the have the same thing in silver with rosewood with a top route body.

22477_Super_Stock_SD1_FR_x1_MC133861_1.jpg

I am not a fan of strats or teles without pickguards and I have no use for a Floyd. Put a guard and a regular bridge on it and it would kick ass.

Hot, though I've played a couple of those at Sweetwater and the ones they've had hanging on the wall have been 'meh'. I'm sure there are some good ones out there though.

Back