Question: Ceremonial Burial Souvenir

sonik

Motor City Madman
I imagine not many of us will actually be buried, but hypothetically if you were to be buried what items would go along for the ride?

Not including clothing, jewelry, or photographs. And it would have to realistically all fit in the casket with your rotting corpse.

The only thing of importance to me I can think of that I wouldn't want anybody else to have is my oldest possession. A stuffed animal (Koala) that my grandmother got me when I was born.

Last edited:
I have some flintknapping flakes I've gotten out of the field next to the house. Like so

39chertBladeSm.jpg

I don't invest any supernatural mojo or anything in them but I love have something from home that somebody messed with 200+ years ago. Some of them were obviously utilized and some are just byproducts, but I find that more interesting than a projectile point. You can always tell where somebody struck them because it will leave a little nub on one side and wavelike impressions on the other.

My Rick 381. My son said he wanted it and I said it was going with me. He said he'd just take it before I was buried. I told him could luck with that, I'm being cremated. I told him he could keep any metal parts.

Wow....This is the dumbest question placed in front of me today..

And I have to reply to some pretty dumb questions....

I may print this thread off in paper, wrap it around my.......

Forget it.....Dumb............

I just want Lost in the Ozone blasting as my ashes are scattered along the Devide. Loveland Pass.

A Strat. Not a Squier. An MIM would be okay, probably a sunburst. Or a Tele, MIJ.
Wait, I'm going to be cremated, so a Squier would be okay.

Last edited:
I arranged to have my body donated to science years ago. I'm going to med school.

Over here they basically have no vacancies any more. Slicing up corpses is apparently not cutting edge - GEDDIT? - pedagogy anymore, so it's back to being cremated in a long boat ("cardboard box") for me.

A horse. A few slaves. My second-best wife. Enough food to feed a small army. A sizeable amount of plunder and riches. And, of course, a boat.

Not my sword, though. That will be broken in half and tossed in the nearest fen.

meh, once yer gone you are gone.. "Taking stuff with you" is just for survivors intellect.....BUT for the sake of the thread with that said I'm taking all my dogs ashes with me :)

meh, once yer gone you are gone.. "Taking stuff with you" is just for survivors intellect.....BUT for the sake of the thread with that said I'm taking all my dogs ashes with me :)

Actually, Callie says that when she goes she wants you sacrificed so she can take you with her. She also said Sonny can go play in traffic on the expressway.

Back