cats are weaksauce, dogs are awesomesauce

angry tele

L'effet c'est moi
http://science.howstuffworks.com/zoology/mammals/dog-predict-seizure.htm

Some dogs can smell an impending seizure and will lay down or some other way alert the person they are about to have a seizure. why is this important? mainly safety. grand mal seizures are sudden and come without warning, if the person is driving, or on a ladder or just walking around they can seriously injure themselves when the seizure happens. also, with seizures you have to get them to stop with meds like ativan or they can progress to status epilepticus, which is very bad news. (basically a non-stop seizure)

anyway, I picture a guy with a cat laying on the floor flopping around and the cat scratching at his eyes, lol. they are evil like that.

Plus, dogs have eyebrows.

I like them both, and they both have their place.

IMO, a pet should have a job.
My German Shepherd is a protection/companion pet who specializes in intimidation from afar. :grin:
I've had cats (don't currently have one, but may......) because they catch mice. Actually, I could use a cat for a few weeks.:cool:

'Tis the season for the rodents to start breaking in.

My wife and I, anticipating our Aug. 29 bundle of joy, were talking about how cats have evolved to meow in a way that taps into the human response to a baby's cry. That spun into a theory that dogs have evolved to cohabitate with humans by meeting human needs--guarding, ratting, pointing, etc.--while cats have evolved to cohabitate with humans through near-parasitic methods. I still like cats, though.

And I don't think there were ever any dog-worshipping cultures, but there were a few cat deities throughout the ages.

Most of our cats are rodent control (and a few birds, oops), but the dogs are pretty much worthless. If the need ever arose, I'm sure they would try their best at protection, but that's it.

smileydog2.jpg

Fuckin' Pharoah's knew where their bread was buttered.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Although I love and prefer cats, the Egyptians worshipped both. Anubis had a dog's head cop0

anubis_dog.jpg

Dogs are certainly better at doing all kinds of useful things. Some dogs, in fact, go crazy if they don't have a job.

Cats of course are perfectly content to just hang out, in between murder sprees. :cool:

Reactions: Tig
Dogs are certainly better at doing all kinds of useful things. Some dogs, in fact, go crazy if they don't have a job.

Cats of course are perfectly content to just hang out, in between murder sprees. :cool:

Two of our cats like to sit on our laps after murder sprees unless one of the dogs is already there.

I am more of a dog lover, thought I don't hate cats, and would enjoy having one (as we did for years), if I was not allergic. I cannot enjoy petting a cat without having my eyes swell shut and being immobilized by sneezing fits, pretty much. And what is the point of a cat it you cannot give it some loving! Even if it crawls around on your chest and sticks its a-hole in your face.

Back