Catching up with my long-lost uncle

Steverino

black sheep
Long story short, I've had little, very little contact with anyone on my mother's side (they're across the pond), even my mother, who I've only seen a few times since I was 6. I knew about her brother (my uncle) Anthony and Dad said I met him once, but I was just a toddler.

FF to 2014 and the wife finds that Uncle Anthony has a FB page. I go there and...
UncleTonyKing_zps0e9662ad.jpg

He plays guitar! This pic is of him playing somewhere in Nottingham, England. I had no idea. Now, I've got to talk to him! Dad has found his phone number, so hopefully I won't freak him out when I call him. A Silverburst! :wink: It is a looker.

Very cool! I'm sure he would be thrilled to discover you have the same passion.

All I have in my extended family are accountants and lunatics.

Good luck. I got in touch with some of my father's relatives in Cottonport, LA a few years ago and it turned out to be a nice experience.

Very cool! I'm sure he would be thrilled to discover you have the same passion.

All I have in my extended family are accountants and lunatics.

As someone with a BBA in accounting and a confirmed lunatic, I approve this message!

Reactions: Tig
That is truly darn right way cool!

You share a common love and have met only one time. Hopefully you will get meet up again and share the love for the instrument.

I've tried to call, but unable to get an answer. Yesterday I received word from Dad that he has been diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's Disease, (ALS).

Today, he passed. Just like that. I'm stunned.

Back