spaghetti and blankets
VS+J1%2759+2.jpg

VS+J1%2759+5.jpg

VS+J1%2759+4.jpg

VS+J1%2759+1.jpg

VS+J1%2759+3.jpg

VS+J1%2759+7.jpg

J1'59 BURST VS
Only the very best premium grade tops are selected for the J1'59 which are painstakingly and skilfully hand carved the traditional way. The construction of a maple top on a 1.75'' deep solid mahogany body gives this guitar an amazing natural sustain and resonance. We are careful to select lighter mahogany to keep the guitar weight down to around 8lbs. The neck is beautifully hand carved from one piece of quarter sawn mahogany, creating a very stable neck with a great feel. Rosewood is chosen for the fingerboard adding a warmth to the tone with each board being carefully selected for its rich, dark colour. Hand applied wood stains enhance the highly figured maple top before the many coats of cellulose lacquer are applied. Only after polishing to high gloss, does the ageing process begin, crazing the lacquer and adding dings and wear just to the right places. The J1'59 Burst looks and feels every bit as good as it sounds.

All hardware is high quality and made in the US and includes a vintage-style Kluson tuneomatic bridge with a lightweight Kluson stop bar. The Grover deluxe tuners have a 14 to 1 gear ratio for fine tuning and smooth operation. The guitar is fitted with high quality CTS pots and a Switchcraft toggle switch. A 50’s wiring scheme is used in all our guitars as we have found that it minimises treble loss when rolling back the volume.

Bare Knuckle unpotted humbuckers are fitted as standard with a 'Mule' humbucker in the neck position for its outstanding clarity, extended dynamic range and unmistakable vintage character. A 'Riff Raff' pickup is selected in the bridge position for plenty of snap and a classic range of organic, clean and driven tones.

£4,250
£3,750 with no ageing

S P E C I F I C A T I O N

BODY Solid mahogany / chambered option (1.75"/44mm)
TOP Premium grade book matched maple
NECK One piece mahogany, quarter sawn
SCALE LENGTH 24.75''
FINGERBOARD 12'' radius, dark rosewood / slightly rolled edges
NUT 43mm Bone
BINDING Body: reveal maple Neck: flame maple
FRETS 22 Dunlop 6100 jumbo
MARKERS Mother of pearl Wave inlays
TRUSS ROD Adjustable double action
HEADSTOCK OVERLAY Ebony
LOGO Etched brass or gold wetslide
HARDWARE Nickel plated, aged
BRIDGE Kluson Tuneomatic with lightweight stopbar
TUNERS Grover Deluxe keystone
CONTROLS Volume and tone for each pickup, Switchcraft 3-way selector switch
CAPACITORS Jensen paper in oil .022 bridge .015 neck
FINISH 'Aged toned' high gloss nitrocellulose
COLOURS Faded Iced tea, faded lemon burst, faded honey burst
CASE Hiscox hard shell
PICKUPS Bare Knuckle humbuckers, aged nickel covers
BRIDGE Riff Raff DC: 8.2 Magnet: Alnico V
NECK Mule DC: 7.3 Magnet: Alnico IV
PICKUP RINGS Cream, vintage correct heights
Fretwire, Neck dimensions, controls, pickups, degree of ageing can all be specified

http://www.caseguitars.co.uk/vs-product

I like it just fine. Not sure I would use the weird 2/3 of a fret up top, but the presence of it doesn't really bug me. I'm not crazy about the cracked finish on the headstock.

The headstock doesn't look aged as much as someone sat down with a decking screw and scratched the hell out of it.
Other than than, I really, really like it.

Last edited:
500 British pounds for aging?

Huh?

That's $623 US Dollars!

GTFOH.

It looks an awful like Gibson's faded series from a few years ago............pass.

It's nice enough.

I don't know about the price. It would have to be a killer guitar in comparison to other similar-in-function guitars.

I get by well enough with a LP Studio that I got used for about $600. So, it would have to very special to convince me to make that leap.

That price for a guitar that the layman looks at and thinks I'm just too cheap to buy a Gibson. Sorry, I know it's hard top start up in the business until you make a name, but I just have a problem with that.

That price for a guitar that the layman looks at and thinks I'm just too cheap to buy a Gibson. Sorry, I know it's hard top start up in the business until you make a name, but I just have a problem with that.

You could apply that same thing to just about every high end boutique Les Paul style guitar as few are cheaper than just buying an off the rack Gibson. For you (and me) I get it but there is a market niche for these instruments

I like it enough...lots of great features. But I'm not sure I dig the slight offset and like others have said...the price is ridiculous. Suddenly Gibson's pricing seems very reasonable. Lol

You could apply that same thing to just about every high end boutique Les Paul style guitar as few are cheaper than just buying an off the rack Gibson. For you (and me) I get it but there is a market niche for these instruments
Maybe layman was too broad of a term. I would totally pay that for an instrument that a fellow guitarist will recognise as quality such as one of Doug's guitars, a Nick Page/Huber or a Demmonget. They are known enough in our circles. This isn't established enough, where even a fellow guitarist would maybe just think it's a Chinese guitar at first glances a nice one, but far east nonetheless. Sorry it may seem shallow, but as a notorious cheap gear bastard I wouldn't give out that much on a non established brand. I wish him well and all and hope he comes into his own eventually, but...

That's british pounds right? Conversion rate puts it at the same price as an aged Starliner Standard.

I like most of it. There's a few details that I'd change for my own personal design sense but I dig it. At the minimum, at least it's not another straight LP copy.

Also still cheaper than an R9 historic so quit complaining about the price. :tongue:

Last edited:
Back